IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Simulated racing
7/11/11, 5:51 PM   #21
Re: Simulated racing
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

A Friend sent me this Video He runs these all the time and so do others he talks to some are Real Sprint Car Drivers! This just what I was told!

Danny 24

1 member likes this post: Wing H8a
7/11/11, 8:10 PM   #22
dirtzilla

Danny, I have seen drivers from both USAC and winged circuits race the Boz stuff online. Drivers that I know of including some lesser known drivers are:

Kyle Larson
Brian Brown (Brian Brown's crew chief Chad Morgan runs too)
Kevin Swindell
Chase Briscoe
Aaron Ott
Amy Ott
Dylan Cisney
TJ Hartman
Nick Cooper
Chris Gerhart
Steve Wilbur

I know I am missing a few others but some are guys who run winged 360s, 410s and some wingless stuff with some others being micro and mini sprint drivers looking to move up. These guys are fast but fun to try and beat.

7/11/11, 8:56 PM   #23
deannalynn

I finally got set up with a Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel and pedals. Signed up for iRacing and you have to start in the Legends Cars to earn your license before you can race anything else. You can practice in the sprint cars, but not run the races until you've been through the other series with a good enough rating. I'm new to this, so my time sucks and I kept getting ran into during practice. I don't think I'd be anywhere close to being good enough for BOZ anytime soon. In fact, I wouldn't wanna tick anybody off by not knowing what I'm doing. This is pretty fun so far, if I can just figure out how to keep from spinning and hitting the wall!

7/11/11, 9:02 PM   #24
MWestfallfan54

I race the boz sprint cars all the time! They are really fun and realistic!

7/11/11, 9:18 PM   #25
Isaac Chapple Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro94 View Post
Im just gonna have fun. I dont need the computer system and all the controls to run the space shuttle. Its just for fun and thats what I intend to do. Ill have to go out and check out the steering wheel and pedal setups. If you find one or someone else knows what a good one is to get let me know. Thanks. Cant wait sounds like a blast.
Here is a link to the steering wheel I use with my PC gaming: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/441/320

It just has throttle and brake pedals. I think it was about $350 or $400 at Best Buy. It works great for me. No complaints..

7/11/11, 9:25 PM   #26
iRacing VS rFactor
Wing H8a

I race rFactor, Midgets & some Sprints and some road paved stuff.

iracing requires a monthly fee just to race ($99 USD per year?)

rFactor is a once only purchase (under $50 USD)

iracing requiers you to purchase cars & tracks to race on (approx $12 per car/series & $12 - $15 each I think?)(iracing make all there own tracks and cars).

rFactor all cars/series & tracks free (95% of rF tracks & cars are made by enthusiasts' for free for the love of it).

iracing has no dirt cars/tracks

rFactor has dirt;
Midgets, 410 winged, 360 winged, 410 non wing (early version), bombers, NZ/UK Stockcars, TQ (early version), Modifides, late models and OVER 100 dirt ovals (real & fantasy)
link to rF tracks (1084 tracks includes 86 dirt ovals) http://www.rfactorcentral.com/list.c...racks&type=All
link to rF cars (356 series/car classes includes 18 dirt)
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/list.c...=Cars&type=All

iracing limits what race cars and series you can enter.(i think based on experience and $$ paid??)

rFactor allows you to race in any car in any series at anytime.

Dale Jnr races iRacing! (that should get rid of any unwanted drivers who will be headed straight to iracing to be Dales next and bestest ever drafting partner!!)

I have seen all the real life names dirtzilla posted and some others racing rFactor.

The Boz non wing cars are hard for a novice to drive but I wouldnt have it any other way. A car you can jump straight into and master in a few laps holds no long term playability. These cars are a lot of fun to drive.

Be aware rFactor2 is 'coming soon' (no official release date) and I would say most cars/tracks will be converted to rF2. Maybe hold off till closer to your winter/end of race season and reasess then.

IMO...
rF is a community based race sim with cars and tracks createtd for free by people with a passion to build there favorite cars & tracks to share with others.

iracing is a company making a product to make money.

Question to iracing subscribers, can you host your own race on your own server like in rFactor? Or can you only race at/on official servers provided by iracing?

I would race rFactor with you guys if you started up a league.

If I have any iracing info incorrect please advise.

7/11/11, 9:41 PM   #27
Re: iRacing VS rFactor
deannalynn

You're right about the iRacing. I will have to try out RFactor tomorrow. I'm brand new to simulated racing, but I think I found a new hobby to replace smokey drunken karaoke nights! The people I know that do this take it pretty seriously so I hope I don't spin anybody out cause I don't know what I'm doing yet. This is nothing like any arcade racing.

7/11/11, 11:15 PM   #28
dirtzilla

Deanna, if you go into any SimPro servers, we offer help to all drivers. We all started somewhere and we can point you to things that will help you get going a lil faster than we did when we started. Wingy knows what he is talking about as far as the bottom line as far as investment. I am hosting a Knoxville Nationals event in just under a month and have seen some new guys gain a lot of ground and can just about hold their own. Someday, provided we can get the tracks, I would love to host a wingless Nationals with the Ultimate Challenge at Osky. That would be a cool one-two.

PM me for any details to get going, I have been with the Boz winged stuff since the beginning and I am more than willing to help.

7/12/11, 12:03 AM   #29
Re: iRacing VS rFactor
Wing H8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
.... I'm brand new to simulated racing, but I think I found a new hobby to replace smokey drunken karaoke nights! The people I know that do this take it pretty seriously so I hope I don't spin anybody out cause I don't know what I'm doing yet. This is nothing like any arcade racing.
Its nowhere near the real thing but a hell of a lot closer than just posting on a forum (no offence intended to all us IOW members).

If you let people know your a rookie looking for help, people will usually have a bit more tolerance for driver error.

OT: I am planning a simulation of USAC Indiana Midget Week. Dirt Midgets at tracks: L-Berg, Bloomington, Kokomo, Gas City & Terre Haute. 5 nights in a row 8pm NZ Timezone (Date TBA)
We have done night before the 500 Paved race @ IRP, Belleville Nats, Knox Midget Nats and Hutt Hundred race etc as well.

7/12/11, 11:15 AM   #30
Joe@ScaleSprints

Ran some BOZ Sprints online last night online for the first time! Had a blast and learned that I need more practice LOL. The non-wing cars are a handful, but fun to drive. I just think there's something neat about driving a Sprint Car around Bloomington, Fremont, Knoxville, Eldora etc.
Last edited by Joe@ScaleSprints; 7/12/11 at 11:22 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Simulated racing