IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $2000 To Win Sprints at Lincoln Park Speedway
7/3/11, 1:30 AM   #41
Eric Thompson II

Anybody know what broke on cottles car?
Posted using Mobile Device

7/3/11, 2:27 AM   #42
Re: $2000 To Win Sprints at Lincoln Park Spee
Rogue-9

Amazing Amazing race. Track was perfect for a slick track. A bit of bite on the bottom, a thick cushion on top, and a dry slick suface in the middle. The track didn't take rubber, it was just glazed over. There were also photo finishes in the modified and bomber features.

7/3/11, 2:35 AM   #43
Eric Thompson II

Double post oops
Posted using Mobile Device
Last edited by Eric Thompson II; 7/3/11 at 2:37 AM.

7/3/11, 10:58 AM   #44
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
That was just a hell of a race!! Burdette took off and led the first third or so, till he lost his lead to Gulick. But Coleman had to dig hard for several laps to wrestle the lead away from Brett. He didn't go down without a fight. All the while, Shane Cottle was running both high and low and reeled both of them in, while Parker and Memmer were doing battle right behind them. Then, after Shane grabbed the lead from Coleman, those two were reeled in by Dave, who was just on the top, with the hammer down. Now, what those three did, for what seemed like about ten laps was just incredible!! All over each other for the entire lap, while racing each other clean and hard. Shane looked like he would be the one to emerge, but bounced off the cushion a couple of times and dropped back several spots. Then DD seized control and never looked back. Gullick finished second and Memmer a respectable third. He was never a threat to lead, but just hung in there and battled the entire race. As always, when Dave comes home to LPS and wins, the crowd went nuts. It was a real popular win.

The track had endured a lot of racing, between tuesday night and tonight and after the B Mains were over, it looked like the surface might be a challenging one to race on. It had taken a decent amount of rubber in turn one, for example. But, after the green flew these guys were just able to race all over the place. Some diving for the tires, getting real good bite coming out and others just crashing into that cushion with reckless abandon and rocketing off the top of those turns. Appearances were just totally wrong. This was one of the best races I've seen so far this year. But it was only the second best I've seen at this track in 2011.

Jerry
I Talked to Walker after the races were all done and Cottle dropped from his 2nd place spot after breaking his steering arm on the last lap and still came out in 6th!

Danny 24

7/3/11, 8:14 PM   #45
conyer

What about that crowd that was awesome...I think that is the biggest crowd I have ever seen there. Shows hard work is paying off for joe and crew.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $2000 To Win Sprints at Lincoln Park Speedway