IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Deannalynn & Others
6/30/11, 3:01 PM   #11
Re: Deannalynn & Others
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
The financial and legal world has very little if any interest in racing, especially on a local or regional level. Most companies sponsor cars becasue they like racing, know someone on the team, are related to someone on the team, or are friends with the team.........I have had many sponsors in my 36 years of racing and only 1 time did I get a totally unrelated sponsor and that lasted for a year until they realized it didn't help them sell product.

The legal world is looking to make money.........how you say ??? Lawsuits, Contract Negotiations, etc..........all of which have little to do with racing as most people choose a lawyer by referral, business associates, family ties, friends, etc...........I would be a large sum of money not many people see a lawyers name on a race car and go right over and hire him.

The financial world is interested in people putting money into their banks, investment firms, portfolio's, savings accounts, etc.......and they also look to lend money to qualified people who are purchasing items the bank can hold as collateral...........I know my bank doesn't loan money to buy racing stuff if you don't have the collateral to back it up........this isn't the racer's strong suit either.

Deannalynn........Local racing or regional racing "is what it is"..a bunch of guys getting together on the weekends to race and have fun. Some take it more seriously than others, some have mile high goals and expectations, and some just want to have fun..........but in the end, we are not corporate, high brow, country clubbers.........just some good ole' folks havin' fun livin' the dream.

Here is my outlook for racing: you win some, you lose some, you crash some, you blow some up, some get rained out..........and if you can't leave the track with a smile on your face after experiencing anyone of the above..........its time for a fishin' rod and Coleman camper.

If anyone would like to discuss racing or the sate of, give me a call.

Gene Franckowiak
JMO Motorsports
Rock Steady Motorsports
Excelsior Blower Systems, Inc.
Reding, PA
610-698-4121
So very true,great post.

2 members like this post: Bruce Harrison
6/30/11, 3:25 PM   #12
TQ29m

I agree, the ONLY reason that the Government is involved, is to put feet in boots, and evidently it does, cause they're in it HEAVY! Talking "trash", and talking "dirty", will not make any friends on any forum, or make you "one of the boys", you have to earn respect in any thing, you can't "talk" your way in! Bob!

1 member likes this post:
6/30/11, 4:11 PM   #13
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
I agree, the ONLY reason that the Government is involved, is to put feet in boots, and evidently it does, cause they're in it HEAVY! Talking "trash", and talking "dirty", will not make any friends on any forum, or make you "one of the boys", you have to earn respect in any thing, you can't "talk" your way in! Bob!
When I was 18, I worked for Stefan Johannsen's go cart track. I was also going to Lincoln Technical Institute to learn how to use a torque wrench. I cut off my hair and dressed like a guy, but that still wasn't good enough to keep somebody we all know from telling me I should just go work at Babes. That was the final straw. I knew I'd never be one of the boys and my skin just wasn't thick enough to hang in there and try to make a career out of something that had been a part of my life since I was born. After that, I took the first ride out of town. So did he. 15 years later, thought I'd try again.... not as a wrench turner this time, but as a writer. He's gone now, but the old attitudes are not. I had to take this journey to realize that. Thank you to everyone who has helped me on this third attempt to find a spot at the races that I'm not afraid to sit in. I would probably be happy watching at home from my computer but there's no app that makes my computer rain dirt or feel the sound of multiple 410s hitting your chest. Thanks again everyone who tried to help me. You're not all ********. If there is ever a place for me, you know where to find me.

6 members like this post: CRA91, fish, Ken Bonnema, mikeham73, Russ, T&A Racing
6/30/11, 4:22 PM   #14
Rpracing1

Kinda brings a tear to your eyes....don't it?

1 member likes this post: dirtball
6/30/11, 4:40 PM   #15
sc17x

L0L
Posted via Mobile Device

6/30/11, 4:41 PM   #16
Gene Franckowiak

Come on now, Deannlynn is just tryin' to find her spot in the racing world. Lets not be so unforgiving and hardnosed. Racing needs all the fan support it can get. Instead of running her off, you guys need to take her into your fold and show her that sprint car racing has a place for everyone..........show her the path to sprint car rightousness. I think she has potential and a great love for the sport........she just needs a little direction and guidance and a place to rechannel all that energy. Have a heart people.

6/30/11, 4:58 PM   #17
REH24

Quote:
Come on now, Deannlynn is just tryin' to find her spot in the racing world. Lets not be so unforgiving and hardnosed. Racing needs all the fan support it can get. Instead of running her off, you guys need to take her into your fold and show her that sprint car racing has a place for everyone..........show her the path to sprint car rightousness. I think she has potential and a great love for the sport........she just needs a little direction and guidance and a place to rechannel all that energy. Have a heart people.
Gene you stated in a previous post "If anyone would like to discuss racing or the sate of, give me a call". If you really mean it maybe you should give Deannlynn a call and give her guidance.

REH

6/30/11, 4:59 PM   #18
R A K

Quote:
Very kind words Gene
... ya know, Deannalynn may just be wiser than both you and I (as car owners) ... people who write books and take photos always get in free!:2:

6/30/11, 5:03 PM   #19
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
When I was 18, I worked for Stefan Johannsen's go cart track. I was also going to Lincoln Technical Institute to learn how to use a torque wrench. I cut off my hair and dressed like a guy, but that still wasn't good enough to keep somebody we all know from telling me I should just go work at Babes. That was the final straw. I knew I'd never be one of the boys and my skin just wasn't thick enough to hang in there and try to make a career out of something that had been a part of my life since I was born. After that, I took the first ride out of town. So did he. 15 years later, thought I'd try again.... not as a wrench turner this time, but as a writer. He's gone now, but the old attitudes are not. I had to take this journey to realize that. Thank you to everyone who has helped me on this third attempt to find a spot at the races that I'm not afraid to sit in. I would probably be happy watching at home from my computer but there's no app that makes my computer rain dirt or feel the sound of multiple 410s hitting your chest. Thanks again everyone who tried to help me. You're not all ********. If there is ever a place for me, you know where to find me.
Ever think there might be something wrong in the approach, I've worked with plenty of women in racing, and in my work in an office, with other engineers, and it is possible to be accepted, but the presentation needs some work, overbearing people of any gender, don't make big hits, as my ole Pappy once told me, you learn a lot more, with your mouth shut, than with it open. Give it a lower profile, maybe you'll be able to catch on. Bob!

1 member likes this post: GregD
6/30/11, 5:05 PM   #20
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

My mother told me along time ago, the good Lord gave you 1 mouth and 2 ears. She suggested I keep the one shut and the other two open. Somehow or other, I believe this applies here.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: fish
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Deannalynn & Others