IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo tonight
6/26/11, 9:28 PM   #61
Re: Kokomo tonight
webster7

Not sure if I saw him pass a car all weekend. He's not getting those multiple front row starts like last year.

6/26/11, 9:32 PM   #62
Onlydirt

for a KISS show I was not impressed tonight, car count had only three heats and the track wasnt its usual self. Sprints done around 845pm.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
6/26/11, 9:34 PM   #63
gtownplowboy

Do not know where Mitchell finished but him and Justin Grant had some issues in their heat. Grant ran him hard into turn one, Mitchell didn't like and slammed the door on Grant going into turn three. After the finish Grant was telling Matt he was number 1 or something like that. Mitchell stood his ground on the track. Gotta like that.

6/26/11, 9:41 PM   #64
webster7

Tonites track wasn't the best. But better than most. Has a set of brothers ever won consecutive races at any track?

6/26/11, 9:41 PM   #65
BrentTFunk

Show was OK got over early so it was basically a day show. As for the hot lap/wheel pack controversy here is how I see it. You get called to the track you got 5 minutes to be in the chute. No excuses.There was no real wheel packing to be done mainly you go out make a couple of laps to put heat in the motor, and them your ready to hot lap. Don't like it be ready next time.

6/26/11, 9:45 PM   #66
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtownplowboy View Post
Do not know where Mitchell finished but him and Justin Grant had some issues in their heat. Grant ran him hard into turn one, Mitchell didn't like and slammed the door on Grant going into turn three. After the finish Grant was telling Matt he was number 1 or something like that. Mitchell stood his ground on the track. Gotta like that.
Thanks for the info,Matt and Justin ran quarter midgets together when they were kids here in Cali,but I will say this though,unless Justin wants to end up looking like a flag pole stuck head first in the ground he better not get to frisky with Matt.
Last edited by CRA91; 6/26/11 at 9:48 PM.

6/26/11, 10:06 PM   #67
Speedracer

They should of done this no hot lap thing during a regular show, not a KISS race when the championship is on the line. They had guys that aren't there every week like the Hoffmans/Clayton, Ballou, and DG. Would not shock me if we don't see them (asside from a USAC race) at Kokomo for a while. Should of at least gave the drivers 2 laps to hotlaps as a punishment instead of nixing it all together if your going to punish them. The people around me were PISSED as well.

Plus you are hurting your young/experienced racers that need all the track time they can get like a Logan Jarrett or a Conner Donelson.

Whatever though, there track there rules. I imagine everyone will be ready to go by post time next week.

Was home by 9:05. Hard to see in turn one but oh well, still better than most as was said above. Decent racing from about 5th on back. Clayton, Ballou, and Bloom had a decent little battle going.

Also, any word on some races in August since so many shows have been rained out? Don't think the kids go back to school till the middle of the month.

Just My Opinion

6/26/11, 10:25 PM   #68
reeserx

Don't worry about Justin grant holding his own, he didn't like it so he told me about it..simple as that all racing
Posted using Mobile Device

6/26/11, 10:25 PM   #69
thebus79h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannypollock24 View Post
No Hot Laps are so everyone gets the track ready and everyone gets a feel of the track to set your car up for the track conditions! Pre Race Prep is making sure nothing is falling off your car! I take it you have never been in a sprint car with a comment like that!

Danny 24
Actually I have, albiet just once in an odd scenario, along with racing since 1995, and being around it since I was born.

All I'm saying is that if you are called to the track, then you go to the track. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, or been involved with a track that's done things this way.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: racerfanx2
6/26/11, 10:26 PM   #70
ernie53

Are you sure it was Blake that won and not his brother Braylon

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo tonight