Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > port royal updates
6/5/11, 10:42 AM   #21
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by c47 View Post
and montieth, with a last lap pass, took the win at lincoln at 2:15 this morning (with a wing)
Maybe USAC could learn something from Lincoln's persistence ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

6/5/11, 11:08 AM   #22
Re: port royal updates
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtoPA View Post
Maybe USAC could learn something from Lincoln's persistence ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device
A rain out is a promoter's call. They are the ones taking the financial risk. USAC could not cancel because of rain it would violate their contract.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/5/11, 3:59 PM   #23
randyrad

Notwithstanding all the grousing about less than perfect racing surfaces, I enjoyed highly entertaining wingless races at Lincoln, Grandview & Hagerstown, this & past years (imho). Still lots of passing & movement up through the pack.These drivers give you a good race, no matter the conditions.
Thanks to USAC & all the teams (especially the locals) for doing this. Keep coming back, next year & in the future.

6/5/11, 5:26 PM   #24
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
A rain out is a promoter's call. They are the ones taking the financial risk. USAC could not cancel because of rain it would violate their contract.
Youre right that its the promoters call. Its also my call where I spend my money next time ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

6/5/11, 10:13 PM   #25
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Concerning Port Royal, was I disappointed in the cancellation Hell Yes.After a total driving distance of over 2500 miles,several $$$ for gas.motels, tickets,etc. The track from the fence looked good but wasn't meant to be Saturday night.
IMO, Lernerville was good,Grandview was great,Lincoln was well, ho hum, black slick and follow the leader,boring in a single word.New Egypt was alot better after they reworked it,fast till fuel started running out.
Had a good time, met some really nice people and maybe some "different" individuals at Pigeon Hills.
Thanks to USAC, most of all to the drivers & teams that made the trip, and to the locals who came and ran topless

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: berks co, Drtchsr
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > port royal updates