IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > You all have been so awesome..
5/30/11, 12:50 AM   #1
You all have been so awesome..
j_vennard54

Alright, Tri-State is in the books.. First off congratulations are in order for Chase Stockon. Drove a heck of a race, got bottled up behind lap cars and BFitzDos (as I refer to him - Braylon) made a heck of a move as he was excellent tonight as well. Then last lap no guts no glory, Braylon got bottled and had to lift for a similar situation, Chase let it eat to the bottom and made the past for a very well deserved victory. I know not one person who wasn't excited to see him in the circle tonight. I was stuck on the sidelines watching, but that definitely made up for it.

On another great high note, after all the help and contributions from the fans, competitors, and track personnel we have amassed an unbelievable final tally for our Indiana Racing Community's donation to the Red Cross Relief Efforts.

We collected $635.02 at LPS last night on a cloudy and iffy night of great racing once again, special thanks to Joe Spiker and crew, not only for giving that place what it needed to put on great racing again, but also for your support in these efforts.

While I was at LPS last night, Dave Rudisell's Lawrenceburg Speedway crew along side the MSCS officials carried out our efforts there last night, and were able to collect $1344.62. The means so much to have you guys over there behind this effort as well, you run a classy operation, and I wish I could be in two places on once on Saturday nights because I respect both establishments and promoters so much for what they are doing for our sport. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

and on to this evening, as we pushed off onto the track last night, many saw me idle one lap and pull off without taking a green flag, well we dropped the intake valve on the #8 cylinder, and were done for last night as well as tonights competition at Tri-state. Even though I was not able to compete, I made the short haul down to Haubstadt from Vincennes to be a part of the efforts there as well, Loris and Tom thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to do this at what is truly "The Class Track" as tonight, when all the drivers combined together (sprints & modifieds) took the the front stretch and back stretch stands we were able to collect $2100 dollars to put towards our total.

So if my math serves me correctly that means this week I will be writing a nice letter on behalf of our sport and sending a donation on our behalf in the amount of $4079.64 .. I'm going to throw in the extra $20.36 and make it an even $4100. AMAZING!!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! and I know many of you gave once, twice, $1, $5, $20, $100.. I saw the bills. But I want to personally also thank Mr. Carey Akin "Mr. Photo of the day" as I know you come up here as much as you can, and spend a lot of money out of pocket to do so. Thank you for your most generous contribution tonight prior to the start of the events, it went into this total at Tri-state.

Also again as I mentioned last night, I want to thank Judy and Mike Miles as well, as we had planned to carry out this same march at Bloomington Speedway on Friday, unfortunately weather beat us out there again. But I thank you both for opening up your doors for us to do so there as well. Thank you both..

Thank you all and once I've sent all in and receive verification or other information about our contribution it will also be made public.

Thanks for everything everyone and see you all at the track soon!

God speed.
Last edited by j_vennard54; 5/30/11 at 12:58 AM.

5/30/11, 2:28 AM   #2
Re: You all have been so awesome..
jim goerge

Jonathan If it hadn"t been for you none of this would have happened . So to you my friend we all say Thank You

6 members like this post: babcock14d, cmakin, FishBurger, PJ Wright, Stocko23
5/30/11, 9:10 AM   #3
kdmillerman

great job on organizing for a very much needed cause. sleep well at night knowing you gave someone else the chance to do the same in their tragedy! get it back together soon(motor). alot of racing left!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/30/11, 6:07 PM   #4
meeks7

thanks for doing this Jonathan it is a great thing!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > You all have been so awesome..