IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy Pole Day
5/22/11, 3:38 PM   #11
Re: Indy Pole Day
TeamCGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
Simona is a great driver. I wonder how did her hands get burned but nothing else ?
Pure speculation but being a former driver 1 of 2 things occurred. Poor gloves or, she couldn't get unhooked, took her gloves off to get out. Happens a lot...

pg

5/22/11, 4:12 PM   #12
Gregg

Less than two hours to go and Danica has not qualified...and there is rain at the track. It's looking more like she will spectate next Sunday.

5/22/11, 4:37 PM   #13
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post
Pure speculation but being a former driver 1 of 2 things occurred. Poor gloves or, she couldn't get unhooked, took her gloves off to get out. Happens a lot...

pg
Pete,
Her gloves were only single layer and it was the intense heat that created the 2nd degree burns. She told me after she released her belts, she fell into what she thought was a pool of fuel. All in all she survived and came back with a great attitude. Big girls don't cry.

Steve
Posted via Mobile Device

5/22/11, 6:00 PM   #14
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

What the heck happened? Yesterday, more than 33 cars timed, according to a posting above. Drivers who seemed to be in had to rerun today? Wasn't there bumping yesterday? I'm confused. But, I should point out that I haven't paid any attention to this event for many years.

5/22/11, 6:16 PM   #15
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
What the heck happened? Yesterday, more than 33 cars timed, according to a posting above. Drivers who seemed to be in had to rerun today? Wasn't there bumping yesterday? I'm confused. But, I should point out that I haven't paid any attention to this event for many years.
The top 9 qualifiers were locked in once the first draw was through. And at the end of the day the top 24 were locked in. Today, they were running for those last 9 spots. Top 24 positions could be bumped out on speed, though.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy Pole Day