IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HOSS at Baerfield
5/14/11, 10:36 PM   #1
HOSS at Baerfield
rkbrewer83

Just got home from the track. With rain on the way, they ran the sprint feature in the middle of heat race action, and good thing they did! Tim Cox took home the trophy. Pretty good car count with all the rain in the area, around 14 sprints I believe. Rain came shortly after to end the night early.

5/15/11, 12:49 AM   #2
short track scott

We were fortunate to get 'our part' of the show in. The track reworked the entire schedule to get us done before most of the weekly heats were run. They fan count was good, incredible actually when you consider we coould see rain all around the area.

It was really nice to see so many fans from other speedways there tonight. It made for a goood evening that ended a little early and a bit soggy. Let's hope this is the last of it for a while!
Posted via Mobile Device

5/15/11, 11:22 AM   #3
Re: HOSS at Baerfield

Although it was not a good night for me personally, it was great to get this show in. And congratulations to Tim Cox for the win. Plus it was great to see Denny England back at the track.

In these economic times, I don’t blame any promoter for cancelling early, and as I was driving to the track in a rain storm, I really doubted my sanity. It spit rain all afternoon and the dark clouds swirled around us. At one time we could see it pouring rain on Interstate 469 which is within one half mile from the track.

Tom Isch, the Baer Field promoter could have canceled at any time and I don’t think anyone would have blamed him. I doubt if he reads this board since his track is primarily a stock car track, but I plan on sending him a note thanking him.

Within five minutes after the sprint car feature, it started to rain and it poured all the way home.

I look forward to hopefully a better night at Angola next week and hopefully my seat cushion will by dry by then! One of the bad things about having an open trailer.

Tom Paterson

2 members like this post: Isaac Chapple Racing, mod4s
5/15/11, 4:25 PM   #4
short track scott

Believe it or not the staff at Baer Field is being roasted for not refunding money, in accordance with the big sign everyone walked under on their way in last night. It says "Sorry, no refunds". We ran 9 of 16 races on the card, and the rain came at 9pm. Like Tom said above, and most anyone in the area knew that. I really feel bad for the track taking the chance on even opening and operating at what looked like a loss for the night.
Posted via Mobile Device

5/16/11, 8:07 PM   #5
rkbrewer83

Yeah I heard a lot of grumblings as everyone was filing out of the track Saturday night. Knowing the rain was all around, I got to the track early to watch as much as possible before it came, to get my money's worth so to speak. I remember looking up and seeing a bunch of cars just arriving as the sprint feature was pushing off. I'm sure those people were mad, but as stated above, the big "no refunds" sign is pretty clear. Just a chance you have to take I guess. I'll be back this weekend to watch all the double features. Hopefully the rain stays away!

5/16/11, 8:52 PM   #6
Onlydirt

cant support them after bulldozing the motocross track

5/17/11, 7:13 PM   #7
JHarris

Anyone have compelte results in the feature. HOSS is showing only the top 5.

Thanks

5/17/11, 9:56 PM   #8
racermac1988

Full results of the HOSS race portion, and of the track divisions races can be viewed at www.baerfieldspeedway.net

Also, anyone wanting to purchase a DVD video of the racing action should drop me a line at michaelmcintyre88@gmail.com or visit www.racingvids.net

5/17/11, 10:05 PM   #9
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydirt View Post
cant support them after bulldozing the motocross track
A little objectivity goes a long way sir.

5/18/11, 9:45 AM   #10
JHarris

Thanks

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HOSS at Baerfield