IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Some photos from Lincoln Park Speedway
5/9/11, 2:08 AM   #11
Re: Some photos from Lincoln Park Speedway
Barrow15

Good job Spiker! track looks awsome cant wait to get on it! You guys are doin a great job on improving the place. Hats off to Joe and all of the staff!!!

1 member likes this post: crawfordsville410fans
5/9/11, 8:49 PM   #12
Redwood17257

Just thought I'd add my two-cents worth here. I just got back from the track tonight after stopping by around 7 p.m. and there's lots of work going on and has been going on a good portion of the day. I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone that's working out there to provide a great racing surface and facility for everyone to enjoy. The drainage between the blocks and the banking down the front stretch should be invaluable in the long run. The sheep's foot was running tonight and has obviously been in heavy rotation through the weekend getting the new dirt packed in after being re-dug out and looks great.
I know it's sometimes easier to complain than to praise, but there has been a lot of money and man hours going into getting ready to race there again. Joe has listened to what everyone had to say about the surface and he and his crew are working very hard to get everything ready to rock for the weekend. So I just wanted to personally say thank you to everyone who has worked so hard to get us back to what we love, RACING.

2 members like this post: crawfordsville410fans, Hubie
5/9/11, 9:14 PM   #13
amiller24m

Race Count This Year: 12

I wish some other tracks would take peoples comments and what should be constructive criticism to heart as LPS did. I'm not necessarily saying any other Indiana tracks, but I have raced at some places in other areas that are just dumps, and they wonder why they can't bring in cars or series' to put on a show. This is a good example of what a good promoter/crew does when there is an issue. I hope it pays off! Hopefully my work/financial situation will allow me to compete at LPS a couple times this year. I'm looking forward to it.

5/9/11, 11:26 PM   #14
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Photos from tonight. http://www.facebook.com/IndianaOpenWheel
Posted via Mobile Device

May 10th

4 members like this post: Dannypollock24, Hubie, jim goerge
5/11/11, 9:19 AM   #15
Sprint39

Wow, that looks great!!! I can't Imagine what the cost of this project would be but I'm guessing alot. It they hit the track prep correctly this place will be bad fast.

Eric Walker

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Some photos from Lincoln Park Speedway