IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Rich, Foreign Ride Buyer 500 - ...
5/5/11, 11:43 AM   #11
Re: The Rich, Foreign Ride Buyer 500 - ...
LEADERS EDGE

Make no mistake.....there have been many Americans soil the Hallowed Grounds....I give you Patrick Bedard and Jack Miller as examples 1 and
1a.

5/5/11, 11:57 AM   #12
leonhaupt

Thank's for this...Why not be thankfull to foreigh people that put there money and energy into racing and many other types of sports in the U.S. It's not our fault we came here a "little" late. Or am i now just wacked???...Welcome to America,,,

5/5/11, 12:08 PM   #13
ISF

If wanting to see red blooded American drivers run and win the Indianapolis 500 makes me a xenophobe then I'll gladly wear the label like a badge of honor. And those that don't like it can smooch my.........................Oh never mind.

What I want to see equally as much is for all the foreigners driving Indy Car, today or in the past, to jump in a 410 non wing and lay the right rear on the wall and mix it up with the boys at Eldora or pitch a Silver Crown car sideways under the flagstand gettin' into one at Terre Haute.

4 members like this post: Indy1808, jim goerge, Need For Speed, SprintManDave
5/5/11, 12:48 PM   #14
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMar47 View Post
My favorite Indy 500 was 1998. Jack Hewitt, JJ Yeley, Andy Mitchner, Jimmy Kite, Tony Stewart, Davey Hamilton, Donnie Beechler, Mark Dismore, Billy Boat. This was a great year and gave hope to us USAC guys.
What also was very neat about that time frame when IRL was in the starting stages was as you walked through the garage area drivers took time out from their busy schedule and talked to you personally. I even had some that would take me into their garages and showed me around and explain the working of the cars. I realize that had a lot to do with promoting the IRL at the time because it wasn't long after that things changed.

REH

1 member likes this post: leonhaupt
5/5/11, 1:38 PM   #15
thebus79h

While all of you are on here ********, you could easily gather up all your money, buy your own car, and put in it who you wish. Put in a sprint car or midget guy with absolutely no experience in a rear engine car, and have him or her plug it in the fence at Indy. Then what do you do?

This isn't a game, this is a multi-million dollar business. Sure, the door is virtually shut without cash flow to the team, it's been said EJ Viso is still in the series based on a 3 million dollar payday by his sponsors to them.

Is the huge uproar in this because this guy is Chinese? I sure hope not. But if it is, think about this one. Lets just say Dave Darland or Levi Jones, or whoever your favorite is, got a sponsor from... say... China. Your American driver is still there with Chinese money. What's the damn difference?

Get off your high horse, I don't care what anyone on this planet says, Indy will always be Indy, and I don't care if there is 1 car, or a million there. That place is hallowed grounds, and will always be that way. It's one of the hardest races in the world to win, and not many people can say they've done it. It seems to me that guys that race themselves, still hold that place to a higher thought than what fans do. I'm 26 years old, and am too old, too fat, too broke, and don't have enough talent to get there anyway, but that place will always be special to me, and no matter what til the day I die, that place is the goal. Indy is sacred.

5/5/11, 1:56 PM   #16
Indy

Todays Indycar Racing was Initiated in the 70's with three events. 1. The ilimination of dirt miles as part of the national championship. 2. USAC outlawing the rear engine sprintcar and 3, Carts take over of open wheel and bringing in those road and street courses most of us dislike. I myself think the series needs to add a T to the name and call it what it has reverted back to, INDYCART!

1 member likes this post: Need For Speed
5/5/11, 2:11 PM   #17
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

This will be my 47th consecutive Indy 500. I've seen lots of change since 1965, and I can't say that I agree with all of it, but I still look forward to this event more than any other. I believe better days are ahead for the Izod Indy car series.

1 member likes this post: ClaytonYeley
5/5/11, 3:52 PM   #18

some people on this board never sease to amaze me. It cracks me up that they will make comments like this and bash drivers who buy a ride, then stand up on the top row and root on the drivers doing the exact same thing in sprint cars and midgets.

5 members like this post: Indy1808, leonhaupt, Puppy, spicoli, Tony Barhorst
5/5/11, 5:36 PM   #19
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
some people on this board never sease to amaze me. It cracks me up that they will make comments like this and bash drivers who buy a ride, then stand up on the top row and root on the drivers doing the exact same thing in sprint cars and midgets.
This thread should now be closed after that comment. Bravo sir, great post

It appears there is no more vacancy in the glass house.

About the only thing I can add is...I've never strapped into a racecar, so I really have no reason to complain who or what is racing...someone is risking their life for my entertainment dollar, I can't ***** about something so trivial
Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Indy1808, leonhaupt, onthegas7j
5/5/11, 6:06 PM   #20
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Todays Indycar Racing was Initiated in the 70's with three events. 1. The ilimination of dirt miles as part of the national championship. 2. USAC outlawing the rear engine sprintcar and 3, Carts take over of open wheel and bringing in those road and street courses most of us dislike. I myself think the series needs to add a T to the name and call it what it has reverted back to, INDYCART!
With less than 40 cars attempting to qualify this year, I'll call them whatever they want to be called if it makes their sponsors happy!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Rich, Foreign Ride Buyer 500 - ...