IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora update
4/9/11, 12:28 AM   #51
Re: Eldora update
BIGEBUDMAN

Another huge Eldora dibacle tonight! Embarrasing and yet no one cares at the speedway I guess!

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, jim goerge, RichH
4/9/11, 12:34 AM   #52
petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGEBUDMAN View Post
Another huge Eldora dibacle tonight! Embarrasing and yet no one cares at the speedway I guess!
It'll be a long time before I ever come back to Eldora, if ever. If I was up there I'd be making the drive to Attica on Sat.
Last edited by petey; 4/9/11 at 12:36 AM.

4/9/11, 1:00 AM   #53
jmichels

Will the rain check work for a later date or is everyone out of luck if they can't go Saturday night?

4/9/11, 1:17 AM   #54
mortboyz

Any word if Tobey Alfrey was hurt in his heat race tumble??

4/9/11, 1:36 AM   #55
tirespinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
Any word if Tobey Alfrey was hurt in his heat race tumble??
he walked away from car

4/9/11, 1:36 AM   #56
i love dirt track racing

so sad. i am coming up for the sat. show and was so much looking to see a great car count and a great show. but it looks like if your looking forward to going to see the great racing at eldora is something of the past. so sad to see this happen to earl b. as race fans going to eldora was a special event but we all have to wonder if its had it time with out earl . would love to see the burg step up to the plate and be the next eldora that race fans want to pack the house and see some great racing. not saying the burg is bad. but i think some one needs to step up to the plate in indiana and have a place that our kids can say that is not a race you can miss. like the old eldora was at one time. the burg has the greatest place to make this happen and one day i would love to see 6000 fans pack the burg all the time. someone needs to something soon because i think that when we all looked at going to the track that earl bulit. we all want to see the best dirt track racing and that is not going to happen at eldora.

4 members like this post: EPSpeed, kawkaw2, RichH
4/9/11, 2:21 AM   #57
jack hewitt fan
Inactive Member

I dont think mother nature got the last laugh some folks paid 18 dollars to get to watch a street stock feature that you couldnt hardly see and saturday you get in for 18 bucks and get to watch 5 features. if you could only come out on friday you got screwed

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, kawkaw2, onthegas, pepprdig
4/9/11, 2:29 AM   #58
racefan20

Last year being dusted out was a new one for me. I've been fogged out once before but the fog was much worse than this. I've had worse visibility there in the dust. The fact remains though if they had the right equipment and had started working on the track earlier the show would have been over long before midnight when it was called. They went ahead and ran the stock feature after USAC decided to wait until tomorrow so....... Not real happy with USAC pulling the plug but even less happy with the Eldora crew again for totally screwing up the track prep AGAIN!!

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, dirtball, onthegas
4/9/11, 2:50 AM   #59
9racing

not trying to start things up.. Heres my .02.. As much as I hate to say it, it needed cancelled.. The fog was thick, but that to me isnt why it should be.. that fog brought in alot of heavy mist, combine the two and you get some junked up cars.. 2, the track condition was a million times better than the past few shows.. "as far as dust goes" I think the car count might be a little higher tomorrow.. due to weather, and past track conditions i think we saw a low number.. I think the "**** boxes" tore the track up with ruts, they should let sprints run on it first and get the track where it needs to be.. looking forward to tomorrow..

4/9/11, 3:00 AM   #60
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9racing View Post
not trying to start things up.. Heres my .02.. As much as I hate to say it, it needed cancelled.. The fog was thick, but that to me isnt why it should be.. that fog brought in alot of heavy mist, combine the two and you get some junked up cars.. 2, the track condition was a million times better than the past few shows.. "as far as dust goes" I think the car count might be a little higher tomorrow.. due to weather, and past track conditions i think we saw a low number.. I think the "**** boxes" tore the track up with ruts, they should let sprints run on it first and get the track where it needs to be.. looking forward to tomorrow..
Thats fine and I agree that at the 12:00AM consi starting time. Racing conditions were dangerous.

But with any extra effort whatsoever by the track the features would have ran at 10pm in which Weather was not a issue.

5 oclock the Sheepsfoot was parked. 6-7 two tractors, One running the same line for two hours.

7 Oclock, There it is boys, WE QUIT WORKING!

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

And like I said in the Advice for Eldora Thread, Who the hell Wheelpacks from bottom to top on a dirt track? Anyone? I've not seen it anywhere else including Eldora until last year.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora update