IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Way Out 40 Update Thread
4/3/11, 3:28 AM   #61
Re: No Way Out 40 Update Thread
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Many things made it a great night. Where else are you going to see 50 sprinters running 40 laps with five heats, three consi's and qualifying to boot. On top of that. A DD win!

Other things wern't so great, Couldn't hear Nunn all night on the pit side. It was cold and honestly not much passing with a straight up format.

No bitchin though. Had a great time and thanks to TCRP for a great night out at the No Way Out!

4/3/11, 11:24 AM   #62
Darlin

Great updates on the race. I am in Florida for the winter and felt like I was in the infield watching the race. Again, GREAT JOB SANDY and All!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Congratulation DD and all my racers. Will be back soon to give you a PUSH!!!!!!!

4/3/11, 12:29 PM   #63
smith19

had a great time. this was the first time that i've seen a track not grade it after a race on a two day show. sheeps foot and a couple laps with the water truck....turn 4 wasn't watered. lol is it me or is there a fight at every "no way out 40". lol

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint
4/3/11, 12:44 PM   #64
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Willie Sallee had the grader out on the track at about 11AM, the wind didnt help the track much

4/3/11, 12:53 PM   #65
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Willie Sallee had the grader out on the track at about 11AM, the wind didnt help the track much
Nor did the water truck.

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint
4/3/11, 4:09 PM   #66
Sprints!

Go Willie go!

4/3/11, 5:01 PM   #67
cshuman

If any "constructive" criticism is allowed, and this is absolutely not trying to cause a problem, or pick a fight. I am not mad, and I like Mason and his track, and appreciate him even putting on such a big paying show in the first place. It was just disappointing, but it is what it is. Track prep would get a F. Such a big show with lots of cars, fan and hype. All the drivers and teams are there to give their best effort to not just win, but put on a good show, and I just dont see THAT race track being Twin Cities best effort. That track was exactly what we raced on friday with the addition of a couple laps of the water truck. In the heat race it was seriously so dusty you couldnt see the car in front of you (which is fairly normal there) yet there was huge puddles of standing water on the bottom of each corner, that was still there in the B. Just seemed like a serious lack of effort. The track finally got a little racey for about 15 laps during the feature before it took rubber. All in all its still nice to finally get the season rolling. On to the next one....

4/3/11, 5:49 PM   #68
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

He also got got his ass chewed by by fleetwood for the poor job that he was doing earlier in the day.
Last edited by SHORTBUS; 4/3/11 at 5:51 PM.

4/3/11, 6:12 PM   #69
SPRINTCAR

Yeap, this year they said racing starts right after hot laps. No mention of qualifying. So they bring out each heat race into the infield and they qualify. Fastest on the front of their heat. The feature is run by fininhing order, heat winners in front, seconds than thirds and so on. This was not a good format. I will check this out in the future before attending again. I can handle some dust but you guys can do better with the format and track. And to the line up guy who took a header, I hope your okay. You are a lot braver than alot of us in the grandstand, wondering when you might have gotten run over.
This could have been the highest car count for the year. I hope not. The question was not who was there, but who was not.

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
4/3/11, 7:30 PM   #70
BrentTFunk

First off, I would like to thank the people at TCRP for putting on a high paying show to start the year. Glad they had a nice crowd. The format may have been the worst format I have ever seen. There was no passing in the heats. If you line the heats with the fastest in the front why not just skip them, and just line up the feature after qualifing saving the racetrack. Not going to complain about track conditions, because high winds can make it tough when the track is still soft from the night before. Feature was OK, especially the first couple of laps. Got home at 3 am so would not be to upset if the program was over earlier. With all that said I would go back next year. Hope the kid that got the crap beat out of him is ok. Thanks to the locals for providing the entertainment during the down time. They sure sure kept the deputies busy. Hopefully I will not see that many people handcuffed the rest of the year. All kidding aside thanks for putting this show on, live and learn.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Way Out 40 Update Thread