IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi comes to Indiana in August
3/20/11, 12:18 PM   #1
POWRi comes to Indiana in August
Andrew S. Quinn

At Shadybowl and Kokomo August 13 and 14.

http://powri.com/newsdetail.asp?NewsID=10359

6 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Mud Packer, nathans1012, racefan20, TNRustler
3/20/11, 1:06 PM   #2
Re: POWRi comes to Indiana in August
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
At Shadybowl and Kokomo August 13 and 14.

http://powri.com/newsdetail.asp?NewsID=10359
You mean Shadyhill Speedway.
$2,000 to win & $200 to start. Starting 22 cars
No USAC National Midget races this weekend. Hope to see a few of the USAC National Midget drivers drop in on these 2 races.
Last edited by nathans1012; 3/20/11 at 4:46 PM.

3/20/11, 4:30 PM   #3
racefan20

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3/20/11, 5:16 PM   #4
unclebuck

Great news, love to see midgets locally. I see they are also running they're weekly full program along with the midgets. Being a local I've quit going to this track on Saturdays becouse of the length of their programs. I'll go to Illiana instead, ecck asphalt...but at least I dont have to sit for hours. Perhaps Nathans1012 could address this, as my experience is well in the past, and he seems current on the local scene. No matter what, I'll be there!

3/20/11, 7:13 PM   #5
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebuck View Post
Great news, love to see midgets locally. I see they are also running they're weekly full program along with the midgets. Being a local I've quit going to this track on Saturdays becouse of the length of their programs. I'll go to Illiana instead, ecck asphalt...but at least I dont have to sit for hours. Perhaps Nathans1012 could address this, as my experience is well in the past, and he seems current on the local scene. No matter what, I'll be there!
Hahahaha. If you don't like the place stay home or go somewhere else. Just wish the Shadyhill track had a new promoter. The current promoter and some of his staff are rude to the drivers, crews, & some fans. Also their scorer in the tower and their track prep are a "BIG" joke but atleast it isn't asphalt. Illiana doesn't have 5 division anymore plus there is no intermission there. Sometimes I think that place is more of a joke each year. Bottom line "Asphalts for getting there and Dirts for racing on".
JUST BE GALD YOU HAVE RACING TO GO WATCH EACH WEEK CONSIDERING THE STATE OF THE ECONOMY!
Last edited by nathans1012; 3/20/11 at 7:17 PM. Reason: more info

3/21/11, 2:30 PM   #6
jim goerge

Powri will be in Indiana before those dates They will be at Tri State sweedway in Haubstadt on May 21 for the Hut Hundred

3/21/11, 3:49 PM   #7
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Powri will be in Indiana before those dates They will be at Tri State sweedway in Haubstadt on May 21 for the Hut Hundred
Dont think that was the point Jim. He said POWERi will visit in AUGUST. They are going to 2 tracks they have not visited before, POWERi has been coming to Haubstadt for a few years now. This is 2 NEW to POWERi tracks. I've never been to Shadyhill before so I am looking forward to going there for the 1st time. As for Kokomo, midgets(and sprints) are GREAT there, cant wait!

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, jim goerge, mowerman, nathans1012
3/21/11, 5:01 PM   #8
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Fully aware of the Tri State date. Was noting updates to their schedule that I had just seen.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
3/22/11, 12:31 AM   #9
jim goerge

Andrew John I"m sorry misread the thread

3/22/11, 1:58 PM   #10
walmer

Anyone know if there has ever been a midget race at Shady Hill? I know they have had a few sprint shows.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi comes to Indiana in August