IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shout out to USAC and Ocala Speedway
2/23/11, 8:47 AM   #31
Re: Shout out to USAC and Ocala Speedway
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
And to think, a friend of mine told me USAC really screwed up by not going back to where they were last year.
Guess he was wrong.
USAC was going back to the track they were at last year until that track had other ideas. I personally hope they never return to where they were last year.

2/23/11, 9:10 AM   #32
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lynch View Post
I arrived at Ocala Wed for practice & seen three days of great racing and was happy to hear USAC will be back in 2012. The locals setting near me commented the Non-wing were more exciting to watch than the wings. (we all know) I will return next year if the gas prices are below $4 a gallon.
Next year keep just two classes Sprints & modified
Gas will be above $4 before the Little 500 gets here. I think you will see $5 gas next year at this time. Hope I'm wrong.

2/23/11, 12:19 PM   #33
Kansasdirtfan

Next year keep just two classes Sprints & modified[/QUOTE]

Or how about sprints & midgets?

2/23/11, 3:26 PM   #34
Danny Burton

After watching the video it made me wish to go south this time next year.

This is another way of saying that all involved did a great job of it.

Perhaps Mr. Fish and I will take the choo choo down there next Feb.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

2/24/11, 6:22 PM   #35
duel

hot laps just after the sun set and an orange full moon rising around the first heat on the back stretch each night. man i'm glad i made this one! great 4 days of back-em in!

2/24/11, 6:49 PM   #36
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Ditto to everything Tim said. Lots of visitors among the locals. During my 3 nights I had two from Miami next to me and they loved it, said it was the best racing they had seen; couple from PA who think nonwing is the way to go; Dick Monahan in front and you know how he feels. I think they will have larger crowds this year with the Northerners who weren't there this year plus more locals. Does anyone know what kind of dirt that was? TimBookmiller's comment about it not being the clay of Indiana was right on, but I'm not sure what it was. Sort of light tan that looks dried out when it is very wet, not sandy like you get in Florida but kind of sticky. Florida swamp clay?

If you didn't go this year, be sure to put it on your calendar for next year. Track, people, concessions, clean restrooms, everything first class.
the clay is what we would call blue clay ,but ocala's also has a little lime kinda mixed with it. when you dig down about 5 feet in some parts of fl. you will find it and it has a blue tint and kinda a brown tint mixed in

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shout out to USAC and Ocala Speedway