11/24/10, 11:25 PM   #31
Re: Move to Indiana
DIZZLE

johnny hydenrik? maybe...

11/24/10, 11:41 PM   #32
Dalton Dietrich

Race Count This Year: 55

yea... i dont know. got an offer, but no go till 2012...unfortunately.

11/25/10, 3:41 AM   #33
HoosierDirt

you should consider college there is a motorsports college not far from Indiana in Lima ohio you could learn alot and they do offer alot there are a few racers from Indiana that go there .. here is a link check it out they also do job placement for the motorsports careers

http://www.unoh.edu/academics/collegetechnologies/

11/25/10, 8:19 AM   #34
Dalton Dietrich

I have a buddy that goes there. Ill talk to him about it.

11/25/10, 10:14 AM   #35
lovindirt

Dalton you could run with the MTQRL talk to Jennifer Frechette and Mark her husband about their series its listed at the top in the banner ads . It seems to be a pretty good fair series.
JMO but its worth checking into, anyways!
Jeff Sweat

11/25/10, 7:46 PM   #36
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
You need to go to College first and foremost. An education is essential. JMO
College or extra schooling is what you should be planning on. There is always time to race. Two guys that moved to Indy are in the boat you are about to be in. Andrew Elson and JJ Hughes. Both are great up-and-coming drivers. Andrew started college this year and JJ is going next year. Facts are facts partial or full rides are not there for young talent unless you can stand them on their ears.

11/26/10, 3:00 PM   #37
Dalton Dietrich

Ok, I appreciate all the "concern" for my future from people I know on here.

Here is how things are looking....

Jan 2012, Graduate High School
Spring 2012, Move to IN.
Racing Season 2012, help maybe drive.

All while attending a small technical school in the area for either IT (computers) or welding/fabrication.

IT comes natural too me (and every business needs a full time tech person) and welding/welders are ALWAYS needed

So....that poses the question... What are some local area Com. Colleges or tech schools in the perhaps bloomington area? or close to the bloomington area? OR.....how close to Bloomington is Lima OH

11/26/10, 6:27 PM   #38
terrehautian

Ivy Tech has campuses all over the state.

www.ivytech.edu

Vincennes University is probably an hour or so away and has IT and welding programs.

www.vinu.edu

AS for those two careers always needing people, that is not always the case. A lot of those jobs have been cut due to the economy with plenty of exp. people looking for jobs. However in the two years you are going to school things can change for the better or worse. I would try to talk you out of moving to Indiana to go to school, but you seem pretty much set at coming anyway.

11/26/10, 6:55 PM   #39
Dalton Dietrich

Well, i am not coming to indiana for school...I am coming to persue my dream. My parents own my current car so...if indiana doesnt work....ill come home and drive for mom and dad again.

11/27/10, 8:43 AM   #40
Melmo

I don't know but you should keep talking and asking question. The greatest thing I've ever seen was last year at the speed drome on wednesday night. We were at the Indianapolis motor speedway racing USAC's .25 quarter midgets and USAC gave everyone who was racing free tickets to the speed drome and while we were there it was great to see the young kids moving up. But they had one guy there that was renting a I don't know TQ, kenyon or what midget but wow it was great. The best part was the guy only charged a $150 for the night and the car ran at the top with the rest of the field. So who knows just look around. The wildest thing was that even though there was new kids just moving up there were also some big name midget, & sprint car owners there helping with the set ups. So who knows!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Move to Indiana