IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold Crown Updates
11/14/10, 1:47 PM   #1
Gold Crown Updates
Lucky161

I haven't been on here for a while. Would I be starting trouble by asking what the latest on the Gold Crown cars and series is?

11/14/10, 1:51 PM   #2
Re: Gold Crown Updates
Z-man

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...ght=gold+crown

11/15/10, 1:50 AM   #3
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 51

Here are some photos & Video I shot of the Gold Crown Cars at the Toledo Speedway exhibition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-7mUm2y1Fk

1 member likes this post: Seadog
11/15/10, 4:31 PM   #4
Lucky161

So now there are 3 of them? I looked but I was unable to see any of the hood ornaments on the cars. Have they done away with them? I thought that was deemed as an important part of the design? Were these cars run without hood scoops or are they supposed to run with an exposed air box?

I noticed on the other thread that someone commented that they hadn't heard anyone say anything bad about them. That could be encouraging, but what would be much more encouraging would be for someone to post that they can't keep up with orders or something along those lines. Are they selling any of them? Has anyone put up deposits? If so how many. Where is the 2011 schedule?

6/21/11, 11:02 AM   #5
deannalynn

Dug this old thread up. Can somebody please PM me or steer me in the right direction on the board about this? Because from what I'm seeing, this is an American made alternative to the current ladder system. Does it still have NASCAR support?
Last edited by deannalynn; 6/21/11 at 11:09 AM.

6/21/11, 12:13 PM   #6
Stagger

I think the Gold Crown is like the Beta Max VCR and CRT televisions.

6/21/11, 12:54 PM   #7
racerdog45

http://www.goldcrownchampionship.com/

don't hold your breath waiting for this to happen. And you and I both know that the people who control INDYCAR won't ever look at this series as a place to find drivers because they almost NEVER have looked to this type or series and driver...... NASCAR owners use to look at USAC, and mostly the Silver Crown series for drivers but once this pig of a car hit the track that went away..... myself I'd prefer they build back up the Silver Crown cars and give Sprint and Midget drivers a showcase class of their own with good purses and maybe some TV coverage

6/21/11, 2:31 PM   #8
richie

One of the Gold Crown cars was out on the track practicing before the Midget feature at the Milwaukee Mile last Saturday. It was a yellow #91 car. I believe I heard it was Brian Tyler behind the wheel. The car took about 10 laps at speed before pulling in.

6/21/11, 3:42 PM   #9
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

usac need to keep the silver crown the way it is.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold Crown Updates