IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brad Sweet Nationwide Debut This Weekend
10/20/10, 1:10 PM   #1
Brad Sweet Nationwide Debut This Weekend
Racer9bro

Brad Sweet to Make His NASCAR Nationwide Series Debut with Great Clips on the Hood. Sweet will pilot the No. 11 Great Clips Camry this weekend at Gateway International Raceway

Turner MotorsportsMOORESVILLE, N.C. (October 19, 2010) – Braun Racing, which was recently acquired by Turner Motorsports, is pleased to announce that USAC open-wheel star and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) driver, Brad Sweet, will make his NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) debut at Gateway International Raceway. The 24-year-old, who is already a member of the Great Clips Racing family, will pilot the No. 11 Great Clips Toyota Camry in the series’ final visit to the 1.25-mile St. Louis-based oval.

Sweet currently drives for Kasey Kahne Racing, sitting eighth in the 2010 USAC National Midget Championship point standings. Additionally, he has made eight NCWTS starts for Stringer Motorsports carrying the colors of primary sponsor, Great Clips.

The Grass Valley, Calif-native made a name for himself driving USAC Midgets and Sprint Cars for Kasey Kahne Racing before making his NCWTS debut at Phoenix International Raceway with Great Clips in 2009. Sweet has claimed such prestigious wins as the Belleville Midget Nationals, the Knoxville Midget Nationals and both the Sprint Car and Midget “Four Crown Nationals” at Eldora Speedway over his open-wheel racing career and in 2009 was runner-up in the USAC Mopar National Midget Championship. Sweet is following in the career footsteps of his mentor and owner, Kasey Kahne. From 2003-2005 Kahne piloted the Great Clips entry in the Nationwide Series and in 2010 reunited with the organization to run eight NNS races in the No. 38 Camry. Sweet will make the transition into the Nationwide Series with the continued guidance and support of Kahne, who is now not just his owner but his teammate as well.

The young driver is excited to have the opportunity to make the jump into the Nationwide Series with Great Clips and Braun Racing.

“I’m looking forward to making my Nationwide Series debut in the Great Clips Camry. I’ve seen what Great Clips has done for Kasey in the Nationwide Series and I’ve really enjoyed working with them in the Truck Series,” said Sweet. “I’m really looking forward to taking the next step in my racing career. I would like to thank everyone at Great Clips, Braun Racing and Turner Motorsports for this opportunity.”

Doug Stringer, owner of Stringer Motorsports, is proud to see his young driver moving up the NASCAR ranks and into the Nationwide Series.

“I think that this is a great opportunity for Brad to showcase his talents at the next level. Having watched his progress in the Truck Series for the last two seasons, I am excited to watch him make his Nationwide Series debut this weekend.”

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, garry47
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brad Sweet Nationwide Debut This Weekend