IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you for Your Prayers - Update on Shane
10/11/10, 10:48 AM   #11
Re: Thank you for Your Prayers - Update on Sh
iuc37

It is so Amazing the Power of thought and Prayer. Another reason I love open wheel racing .Were pullin for you Shane. Team IUC37.

10/11/10, 12:31 PM   #12
okienonwingfan

prayers are sent

10/11/10, 12:38 PM   #13
MarkHarden

We haven't stopped thinking about him since Saturday, amazed by his strength! There's alot of fight in that young man! Prayers will continue throughout his recovery.
The Harden's

10/11/10, 3:19 PM   #14
terrehautian

I seen a video of his accident on Facebook, wow, get well Shane.

10/11/10, 3:24 PM   #15
John P Huss

My thoughts and prayer's are with the Hmeil family.
Get well soon Shane!
Best Regards,
John

10/11/10, 5:07 PM   #16
d3sigN8t3dDruNk

Quote:
Originally Posted by awon24 View Post
What annoys me about that article is how they point out he was "BANNED" from Nascar in every other sentence it seems like. Even on the headlines. They forget to mention how far he has came from his Nascar days and hes made himself a better man. He knows the mistakes he made then and has learned from them. Leave it to Nascar to point out someones flaws, even when its not needed in a time like this.

Shane is above and beyond Nascrap, and I hope he makes a 150% FULL RECOVERY so they all look dumb for posting that on their website.

Rock On Shane, we are all pulling for you!
Last edited by d3sigN8t3dDruNk; 10/11/10 at 5:12 PM.

10/11/10, 5:14 PM   #17
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3sigN8t3dDruNk View Post
What annoys me about that article is how they point out he was "BANNED" from Nascar in every other sentence it seems like. Even on the headlines. They forget to mention how far he has came from his Nascar days and hes made himself a better man. He knows the mistakes he made then and has learned from them. Leave it to Nascar to point out someones flaws, even when its not needed in a time like this.

Shane is above and beyond Nascrap, and I hope he makes a 150% FULL RECOVERY so they all look dumb for posting that on their website.

I agree......sadly, it is also mentioned in a story my station is running tonight also. I am not in charge of the copy, otherwise it wouldn't be mentioned.

10/11/10, 5:16 PM   #18
ChaplainJackie

Father God we ask that You guide the hands of the dr's working on Shane,
that its Your wisdom, knowledge and discernment that is used for Shane.
That you keep all infection from him, that he is at peace as well as his family.
I pray that everyone that enters Shanes room have Your wisdom, knowledge
and discernment. I pray that Your loving arms engulf all who wait for the drs,
all the family and friends who feel, helpless, scared and unsure. In Psalms 94
it says, He shall cover you with His feathers,and under His wings you shall take
refuge...Rest in the LORD, accept His presence. In Jesus name we pray in faith
AMEN

10/11/10, 5:53 PM   #19
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3sigN8t3dDruNk View Post

Right or wrong, NASCAR washed their hands of Hmeil. But now they want to use Shane and this horrible deal to tout their drug policy. Shame on them.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, JEFFSTOY, jim goerge
10/11/10, 7:04 PM   #20
d3sigN8t3dDruNk

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
Right or wrong, NASCAR washed their hands of Hmeil. But now they want to use Shane and this horrible deal to tout their drug policy. Shame on them.
Yea I know and its beyong pathetic they would stoop this low. Its rediculously unethical that they would post such an article. I can understand if it wasnt something of this magnitude, but the guy was critically injured, they should have some respect for the Hmiel family and the race fans who helped build their sport to what it is now. Without the dirt track race fans, they would have never made it this far. If I was Shanes father, I would be making a call to the head honchos over there and voice my displeasure with how they are treating his son, regardless of his past. Shane made mistakes, but he changed his life for the better, they should see the same thing we all see.

It pisses me off more so that the article was written by Raygan Swan, a fellow hoosier. She should have way more respect then that. Obviously she doesn't care about anything but making a buck. The man is in a hospital not even 15miles from her home in Carmel, and she has the audacity to write such material and not even blink and eye on what this does or says to the racing fan base in general.

You used to be able to email the writers personally on Nascar.com, shes lucky you can't now. I would have sent her the nastiest email she would have ever read. Some people just have no decency or respect for anyone else.

1 member likes this post: SprintManDave
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you for Your Prayers - Update on Shane