IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hans VS. Defender????
9/5/10, 2:37 PM   #1
Hans VS. Defender????
racnstev

They have the same safty rating, which would you recommend, for safty and comfort?? It will be used for sprint car racing. Please help.

9/7/10, 9:09 AM   #2
Re: Hans VS. Defender????
bowbuild

??? We would also like to know

9/9/10, 1:36 AM   #3
wideopen24

Hans is way more comfy... but way more costly.... I ran the Defender at Chili Bowl and it is a great device that will safe lives for a low cost.... but im a Hans fan..i wont race with out my 20 degree pro Hans...hope this helps...

9/9/10, 8:20 PM   #4
Quantrill

Defender is what I use and it is very comfortable. I have never had a HANS so cant comment on them. But if someone gave me a hans I would decline because I feel as safe as you can with my defender and see no need to try anything else.

Q

9/20/10, 1:47 PM   #5
safer1

Actually, even though both devices pass the SFI test, the results are different. The best scoring device is the Hybrid by Safety Solutions. We have been the best performing device for the past 4 years. The dfender out scores the hans and the dfender comes real close to matching our test scores from 2004.

Check out our web site-www.safetysolutionsracing.com and look at the Hybrid Pro.

9/20/10, 4:55 PM   #6
KRJoyce1

All I will say is I have sold 5 Hans Devises this year to people who had bought the Defender over the winter.

The cost of a Sport Hans is nearly the same as the Defender as well so cost is really not an issue there.

Plus the Hans not only meets the SFI 38.1, but the much tougher FIA Spec. that only Hans and possibly one other devise is qualified to date.

When it comes to overall comfort, fit, safety and range of vision without feeling too confined, you cannot go wrong with the Hans. Look at what the majority of professionals that have the choise choose.
Last edited by KRJoyce1; 9/20/10 at 8:20 PM.

9/21/10, 8:49 AM   #7
safer1

[QUOTE=KRJoyce1;195786]

Plus the Hans not only meets the SFI 38.1, but the much tougher FIA Spec. that only Hans and possibly one other devise is qualified to date.

[QUOTE]

In June 2010 the FIA approved 8858-2010 allowing the Hybrid. If you would like to read more please use this link: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/07/prweb4224244.htm
Last edited by safer1; 9/21/10 at 9:43 AM.

9/21/10, 10:51 AM   #8
KRJoyce1

Thanks for the update Trevor.

9/22/10, 8:43 AM   #9
safer1

You are welcome Ken. But it's Aaron, not Trevor.

10/27/10, 1:24 PM   #10
Drew Tarr

I have worn both and I personally prefer the Defender. There were a few different things that make me like it better. I like the fact that the angle of the device is adjustable on the Defender (important if you drive different types of cars) I also personally felt more comfortable in the defender vrs the hans ( I am a big guy and it just fit me better) and lastly the cost was very attractive, though this should never be a reason to select safety equipment, but this is the real world and its a whole lot easier to swallow the lower cost of it compared to some of the others.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hans VS. Defender????