IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Updates & Video of Flips & Last Lap
8/30/10, 8:17 AM   #11
cmiracingvids

No I don't think it was intentional either. Dakotas a gasser and he just got caught up in racing hard. The yellow with the 42 obviously was nobody fault...when you're going 90 mph, things happen. Just glad everyone came out ok. Although it's a bummer Dakota will be out for probably the rest if the year. Hope to see him back next year!
Posted via Mobile Device

8/30/10, 11:28 AM   #12
Re: LPS Updates & Video of Flips & Last Lap
Knoke77

/puts on his rose colored glasses...

Either way i'm glad Dakota is okay but it sucks his year is pretty much over. The Jackson's are top notch people that I have had a lot of fun racing with for quite a few years.

8/30/10, 1:17 PM   #13
sprinter7

What the video didnt show was me driving back to the wreck scared to death that Dakota was hurt. I spoke with his dad while I was still in the car. His dad told me to calm down it was a racin deal, and to keep my head up and go racin. Believe me, if that kid didnt get out of that car I was headin back pit side loading up and going home. Did not see or hear him till it was to late. Sorry to hear that he is out for the year. If there is anything I can do to help please contact me. Dakota and his dad (robert) class act on and off the track. Knoke77 dirty right rear??? I've been there bud.... know how it feels and would never intentionally wreck or feed a wheel to anybody. Thanks Jon Sciscoe

8/30/10, 2:08 PM   #14
D.O.

Jon thanks for the post about what happened. I didn't add that to the video but I do have that. I saw you drive thru the infield and stop near the site. It take a big man to to that and show his concern for what happened.
The only dirty right rear was the dirt from the track as that was a racing deal. Dakota shot around you on the top while you where coming up and there was no way you could see him coming.

Sorry to hear that Dakota is out for the season but sometimes when you get you melon thumped it's best to take some time off so it can heal. I will miss watch Dakota run as he has a lot of skills and drives very well. He has a bright future starting next year.
Get well Dakota.
D.O.

8/30/10, 6:00 PM   #15
kingpin

First off, I would like to thank everyone for their concern and support. Secondly, I’d like to let you all know that I am doing fine just a little sore and bummed to be done for the season. Jon you don't need to apologize to anyone for anything. Me and you had been racing hard for the whole race and we just ran out of real estate. I just got a heck of a run out of two and you just slid up a bit like everyone else does at that track. I would run side by side with you any day of the week. I would like to thank everyone for helping load the car up and for their thoughts. I have to thank Gary from Competition Welding for building great cars that have saved my butt twice this year. As for Jon I know you were concerned as I too saw you on the other side of the ambulance but I am fine and you need to keep on doing you're thing because you're a great racer. This minor setback will not stop me from living my dream in 2011 and coming to watch you guys finish up this 2010 season.
Thanks to Everyone,
Dakota Jackson

4 members like this post: Mud Packer, SHORTBUS, wolfracer69
8/30/10, 7:15 PM   #16
babcock14d

Dakota, glad to hear everything is ok , will be looking forward to racing with you and your dad and crew next year we have enjoyed the conversation and good times this year !!

8/30/10, 7:27 PM   #17
racefan20

Sorry to see that happen, both of you are class acts!!

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

8/30/10, 9:18 PM   #18
Redwood17257

So glad to hear that your okay Dakota and I too am sorry to hear that you'll be out the rest of the season. Like several people have already pointed out, Jon was right there beside the ambulance and he was incredibly concerned about Dakota's condition. I was standing beside the car and heard Dakota's father talking to Jon. It would have been real easy to be angry as heck, but he was quick to assure Jon that it wasn't his fault and that it was a racing deal. My thoughts are with ya Dakota and I hope to see ya back at the track soon!!

Carey Fox

8/31/10, 11:52 AM   #19
BAsprintcar

Todd Kimmel is the hero! Todd and his dad are real class acts at the race track and off! People like them are what keeps fans watching still!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Updates & Video of Flips & Last Lap