IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 FUN-If you could create a Sprint Car Tour??
8/19/10, 7:23 PM   #1
4 FUN-If you could create a Sprint Car Tour??
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

-FOR FUN-
If you could create a Sprint Car Tour; how would you do it?

01. Name of Sprint Tour? -

02. Wing or Non-Wing Series? -

03. What would the Tour Schedule look like? -

04. Name of Tracks you Would Like to see on the Schedule

05. How Many Laps in Series Features? -

06. How Many Cars would start each Feature Event? -

07. What Would the you be to Win & to Start? -

07. Open Tire Rule or Hoosier Tires / American Racer Tires? -

08. How Many Races would be on a Series Schedule?

09. Series Race Season: Month to Month? -

10. Type of Series: 410 Winged Sprints, 410 Non-Winged Sprints, 360 Winged Sprints, 360 Non-Winged Sprints, 305 Winged Sprints, 410 Spec. / Steel Block Non Winged Sprints, 1200cc Mini Sprints, 600cc Mini / Micro Sprints? -

11. Region of the Country / States Series Would Race in? -

13. Would there be a End of Season Special Event? -

8/19/10, 8:02 PM   #2
Re: 4 FUN-If you could create a Sprint Car To
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

I would start a traveling 360 non wing series....Steel Blocks...1500 pds after race....Spec RR...$3000.00 to win...$500.00 to start...$250.00 GARANTEED tow money... 4 free pit passes....1 night free motel room for a 2 night show at 2 different tracks or 2 night stay for a 3 night show 3 different tracks and do a deal for $1.99 a gal fuel cards..If it rains out you would still get tow money....Racers a ENTERTAINERS so WHY should they have to pay to ENTERTAIN the people in the stands??? Dose any other sport CHARGE the PRETISIPATES to play.......name of the series would be OWOW...Outlaws With Out Wings or TOO...The Original Outlaws...The Series would have 5 areas...South East..North East...Mid West and West Coast...all regional events all pay the same....you will have a points system but NO POINT FUND instead the top 10 of each region would get an invite a to the National Finals .... 50 cars racing for $50,000.00 to win and $1,000.00 to start....$500.00 tow money (rest of the field)...there would be ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO PROVISIONALS PERIOD!!!!!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/19/10, 8:53 PM   #3
cmiracingvids

I personally would like to see a traveling or weekly NON-WING 305 Sprint Series. I think the 360's have gotten out of hand as far as motor prices go, so they're out. I like what they do with the 305's in Ohio, but to keep the competition a bit more level and a bit more exciting, run them without the wings. This would save the engines a little as well. A spec tire, although filled with much controversy and complaining, is a must in order to keep costs down. This will also level the playing field a bit too. I think $650 to win with specials paying $1000 or a little more to win. One thing I'd like to see changed is UP the START money. In this case, $175-200 to START the feature. I'm a fan of passing points format...draw for heat starting position. Where you finish is worth X amount of points in the heat, PLUS X amount of points for every car passed. Top 6 inverted in the feature. NO RE-DRAW! Six in passing points is on the pole, 5th starts second, and so on to Sixth place starting is the top in passing points. I don't care about the name of the series. Something that has to do with them being spec I guess. Indiana Spec Sprint Series ISSS?
I know the start money is high, but that's what needs to be in order to keep car count up. I think the racing would be great, and competetive. Probably a new winner each week. I would also limit the track size to 3/8th of a mile. NO half miles. Just dont like the racing on the big tracks. (unless its the Knoxville Nationals)
I'd also like to see this series have a HOME track so to speak. Possibly Lawrenceburg? Being as it's closest to Ohio to draw some other 305's to run non wing from time to time. Then keep the other tracks close. Maybe run Twin Cities frequently too. This series could be linked somehow to the 1000cc upright mini sprints. Using the mini's and this series together at racetracks.

Just my thoughts.

8/19/10, 9:49 PM   #4
Isaac Chapple Racing

The name of my series would be INWR (Indiana Non-Wing Racing). It would be 410 sprint cars and 600cc non-wing mini sprints. Dirt and Pavement races all over Indiana, the majority being dirt. Any dirt track in Indiana that would welcome my series and the pavement tracks would be Winchester, Anderson, Salem, Plymouth and Illiana. 30 lap features starting 26 or 28 cars. $2,500 to win for the sprints, $300 to start. $300 to win for the mini sprints, and $25 or $50 to start. 1 big pavement race a year and one big dirt race a year that would pay $5,000 to win for the sprints and $600 to win for the mini sprints. Hoosier tires. 15-20 races a year. week to week schedule. Big banquet with big trophies at the end of the year.
Last edited by Isaac Chapple Racing; 8/19/10 at 9:57 PM.

8/20/10, 12:27 AM   #5
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
-FOR FUN-
If you could create a Sprint Car Tour; how would you do it?

01. Name of Sprint Tour? -

02. Wing or Non-Wing Series? -

03. What would the Tour Schedule look like? -

04. Name of Tracks you Would Like to see on the Schedule

05. How Many Laps in Series Features? -

06. How Many Cars would start each Feature Event? -

07. What Would the payout be to Win & to Start? -

08. Open Tire Rule or Hoosier Tires / American Racer Tires? -

09. How Many Races would be on a Series Schedule?

10. Series Race Season: Month to Month? -

11. Type of Series: 410 Winged Sprints, 410 Non-Winged Sprints, 360 Winged Sprints, 360 Non-Winged Sprints, 305 Winged Sprints, 410 Spec. / Steel Block Non Winged Sprints, 1200cc Mini Sprints, 600cc Mini / Micro Sprints? -

12. Region of the Country / States Series Would Race in? -

13. Would there be a End of Season Special Event? -

01. GLOWS - Great Lakes Outlaw Winged Sprints (GLOWS)

02. Winged & Non-Winged (tour with-in a tour)

03. Race 1 - 2 nights a weekend sometimes 3 about. 6 - 8 times a month

04. Attica Raceway Park, Eldora Speedway, Fremont Speedway, Porthmouth Raceway Park, Sharon Speedway, KC-Raceway, Kokomo Speedway, Gas City I-69 Speedway, Lawrenceburg Speedway, Tri-State Speedway, Bloomoington Speedway, Hartford Motor Speedway, I-96 Speedway, Kankakee County Speedway, LaSalle Speedway, Tri-City Speedway (IL), Highland Speedway, Wilmot Raceway, Cedar Lake Speedway, Shawano Speedway, Plymouth Dirt Track, Deer Creek Speedway, Princeton Speedway, Viking Speedway, 34 Raceway, Farley Speedway, Davenport Speedway, Dubuque Fairgrounds Speedway, Little Valley Speedway, Ransomville Speedway, Stateline Speedway, Lernerville Speedway, Mercer Raceway Park, Pittsburgh PA Motor Speedway, Tri-City Speedway (PA).

05. 30 - 40 laps in a series feature

06. 22 -26 cars will start each series feature

07. Payouts $4,000 to win $500 to start or $5,000 to win $600 to start

08. Open Tire Rule at each race unless otherwise noted.

09. 30 - 35 races on a series schedule

10. Last week in March to mid October

11. 410 Winged Sprints & 410 Non-Winged Sprints

12. Region: Great Lakes / States: Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Eastern Iowa Western part of New York, & Western part of Pennsylvania.

13. Yes: Not sure what track, $12,000 to win, $700 to start, 40 Laps, starting 26 cars, Open Tirt Rule.

8/20/10, 9:02 AM   #6
jjones776

not sure what i would name my series but it would be non wing 410's every race would pay $50,000 to win $2,000 to start. we'd start 22 cars in the feature. i would not pay tow money because my series would furnish each team with a new toter and stacker trailer and a gas card to cover fuel expenses. it would be free admission so we would have a nice crowd. the frolic would be at every race and each post race party would have a well known band (or two) playing live music, there would be free beer and jim beam for everyone. we would run every dirt track in indiana except gas city and probably hit a few in OH and IL. probably try to have about 25 events a year. also the feature winner has to bong a celebratory beer (or gatorade if not of age) at the post race party.
Last edited by jjones776; 8/20/10 at 9:09 AM.

8/20/10, 9:23 AM   #7
MTS

I think a crate motor deal would be the only way to have price cuts in the motor deal and be equal.. the crate deal works alright in the latemodels why not try it in sprints.. especially nonwing

1 member likes this post: Kevracer58
8/20/10, 9:26 AM   #8
Beinthecircle

and the guy who runs second has to bong a yuengling
Posted via Mobile Device

8/20/10, 12:04 PM   #9
Kevracer58

01. "Who's the Best?" tour

02. both!

03. One night non winged on dirt (bloomington); the next night winged on pavement (Salem), the next winged on dirt (L-burg), then non winged pavement (Winchester), closing with non wingers at the Fairgrounds

04. Bloomington, Salem, L-burg, Winchester, Indiana Fairgrounds

05. 50;

06. All run!

07. $500 to start, 5,000 to win; except the finale

07. Open Tire Rule

08. Five

09. one week

10. Type of Series: 410 Winged Sprints, 410 Non-Winged Sprints
11. Indiana

13. the Fairgrounds would pay $750 to start, $10,000 to win

8/20/10, 12:19 PM   #10
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones776 View Post
not sure what i would name my series but it would be non wing 410's every race would pay $50,000 to win $2,000 to start. we'd start 22 cars in the feature. i would not pay tow money because my series would furnish each team with a new toter and stacker trailer and a gas card to cover fuel expenses. it would be free admission so we would have a nice crowd. the frolic would be at every race and each post race party would have a well known band (or two) playing live music, there would be free beer and jim beam for everyone. we would run every dirt track in indiana except gas city and probably hit a few in OH and IL. probably try to have about 25 events a year. also the feature winner has to bong a celebratory beer (or gatorade if not of age) at the post race party.
Would you webcasts all races for free?

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

I am excited I think a couple of these ideas could do for sprints what the ASCT has done for sprint and midget racing.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 FUN-If you could create a Sprint Car Tour??