IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Non-Wing Nationals on Knoxville LIVE!
8/8/10, 11:48 PM   #71
Re: USAC Non-Wing Nationals on Knoxville LIVE
Jerry Shaw

Congrats to Bud on the big win. Hell of a drive. He was challenged, but never too seriously. He was the man, tonight.

And you just can't not be a fan of Brady Bacon. There's a driver that's a nice guy. Driving for a team that's not a big money deal. And is anyone's match. No matter how big the team. Or how highly touted their driver is. I've seen it, time after time.

Also, great runs from Gardner, Ballou and Darland. And a great recovery by BC, from a car that was billowing smoke during hot laps.

It was worth my $12.75 and then some.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

8/8/10, 11:55 PM   #72
nowitsdark

Here is my take on the PPV:

Watched with laptop connected to the big screen and sound connected to the Home Theater. With high speed feed the picture is somewhere between SD and HD quality. The feed was very solid, looked just like regular TV. The sound on the other hand was not great.

Cameras, announcing, production were all decent. Some rudimentary graphics would have been nice to show line ups, etc.

Would also have been nice if the announcers were more familiar with the USAC drivers. Contempt for the "wingless 410s" as they were called was minimal.

Overall a great value for $13. The racing was excellent especially the heats. Would love to see Knoxville post the video of heat two for everyone to see.

8/8/10, 11:58 PM   #73
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
They're movin' this thing along nicely.

And the racing has been real good. Cummins showed in the B that the top is really coming into play. Should be a great feature.

Jerry
Kyle was driveing the car Hud Cone was suposse to drive but can;t cuz of broken collor bone from Haubstadt

8/9/10, 2:03 AM   #74
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Kyle was driveing the car Hud Cone was suposse to drive but can;t cuz of broken collor bone from Haubstadt
Yeah, Jim. It's the car that Terry Babb is usually driving. He won the Illinois Sprint Week race @ LaSalle this year, in the same 21X. The owner is listed as Pollock.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

8/9/10, 5:10 AM   #75
tjcain58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorboyjocko View Post
Heats are great on live stream. Looks like a small crowd but the stands are very large. You don't see passing like that with the wing cars.

Phil Poor
There was a ton of people there that grandstamd is very large! I was sitting on row 26 and that was like 3/4 up.
Posted via Mobile Device

8/9/10, 5:42 AM   #76
bigmojo5

Evernham's wife crashed hard in the 360 Nationals

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

I believe Knoxville seats about 28,000 -- the fourth largest sports stadium in the state -- with about 7,000 on the backstretch. That doesn't include suites, where you can find the latest issue of the Hawkeye Racing News.
UNFORTUNATELY, I couldn't be there but the crowd sounds similar to the 360 Nationals the night before,which would have had any promoter in the country happy. Very glad all of the naysayers predicting low car counts were wrong.
One of my photogs said naysaying at Belleville kept the Friday night crowd fairly small compared to past years.
Last edited by bigmojo5; 8/9/10 at 5:49 AM.

8/9/10, 11:03 PM   #77
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsdark View Post
here is my take on the ppv:

Watched with laptop connected to the big screen and sound connected to the home theater. With high speed feed the picture is somewhere between sd and hd quality. The feed was very solid, looked just like regular tv. The sound on the other hand was not great.

Cameras, announcing, production were all decent. Some rudimentary graphics would have been nice to show line ups, etc.

Would also have been nice if the announcers were more familiar with the usac drivers. Contempt for the "wingless 410s" as they were called was minimal.

Overall a great value for $13. The racing was excellent especially the heats. Would love to see knoxville post the video of heat two for everyone to see.
I watched on an 28" hd monitor with 2 hd graphics and a good sound card...the broardcast was great...my buddy over in Tallahassee was able to here the call threw the phone ...very very clear...if we could import the smell it would have been more then off the charts.........

I agree about the 2nd or 3rd heat...one of the best races i have seen all year.......wow!!!!!!!!! I was happy then...money welllllllllllllll spent....thanks Turn2media/Iowa Telecom/Knoxville Raceway and :38:>>>>>>>>>>a win win deal for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!:

A good ole pat on the back To Shawn Buckley Over at Jack Slash thank you for the video up dates evey week...

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Non-Wing Nationals on Knoxville LIVE!