IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt
7/22/10, 8:29 AM   #1
Haubstadt
dirtzilla

I need to ask you folks for help regarding Tri-State. I am modeling this track for a racing simulator and need very detailed information on this track. I need a bunch of info and would like to make this a very accurate representation. If you folks could respond with any info and pics you have would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. Below is a list of things I am looking for. If its not listed but you feel its important, let me know too. I am sure there is some things I am forgetting at this point.

Low side corner banking on entry, middle, and exit.
High side corner banking on entry middle, and exit.
Height of the walls
Height of the catchfence
How far out the cushion is on average
Width of pit road
Width of pit entry
Width of pit exit

That is what I can come up with for now, more for sure later, thank you.

7/22/10, 9:35 AM   #2
Re: Haubstadt
RGraves

I have no way of helping you out but I am very interested in what you are doing. Any more details?

7/22/10, 10:26 AM   #3
illinisprintfan

Here is a link to the track's website contact page. http://www.tristatespeedway.com/contact.php It has phone and fax numbers and an email form. I'm sure they would have the answers you are looking for.

7/22/10, 10:33 AM   #4
farriswheel

The only thing I can help you with is th cushion because I don't have exact specs for any of the other. The cushion is nearly ALWAYS a couple feet from the wall. It does, however, tend to be a little closer to the wall in turns 3-4 than it is in 1-2. track entrance is coming out of two and exit is going into one. Hope this helps a little bit. I'll see what else i can find out for you.

1 member likes this post: dirtzilla
7/22/10, 10:57 AM   #5
wtvwrocks

Hello -

I suggest you call and talk to Tom Helfrich at the track number - if he's not in the fields I'm sure he would be happy to help you out and he knows that track better than anyone. It may take him a bit but he is very good about returning calls.

Sacha

2 members like this post: dirtzilla, jim goerge
7/22/10, 2:01 PM   #6
Chase Briscoe

The bottom of both corners are flat, middle does not have much banking, then it is a gradual incline to the top. Please tell me this is for rfactor. Also I have a on board camera from Haubstadt on youtube. Search BriscoeRacing. Hope that helps.

2 members like this post: dirtzilla, jim goerge
7/22/10, 7:36 PM   #7
dirtzilla

Yes this is for rFactor. I intend to grip this properly for the Boz Sprints and another set of grips for late models and modifieds. Thanks all for the help, keep it coming.

7/23/10, 10:49 PM   #8
INRacingFan

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 20

I might be able to help in a visual aspect as I have a lot of video from every event I've attended this year, some from last year, and about 1/4 or so of the total do include Haubstadt. (To include the entire sprint car portion of the event in most cases)
It'll take a little time to go through and see what ones may help depict certain parts of the track, and then upload them though. But if you're willing to be patient I can help.

I also have pictures from I believe the 2007 ISW run there somewhere as well, in which I'll try to locate.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll work on getting them up for you.

I can't give you actual specifics on any measurements of the various items you've requested.
However, in terms of the cushion, it'll tend to vary depending on the time of day and what they do to the track. Since it's reworked twice on most nights (typically after Hotlaps and before the A).
For the early part, such as Hotlaps/Heats the cushion is usually lower, down about 2 lanes from the wall on average.
B-Main will also vary a bit and can be that low, but is typically around 1 - 1.75 lanes from the wall. With the narrower part about mid-corner, and a slight gradual increase on exit.
A-Main, particuarly for the longer races, the cushion tends to enter about 1 to 1.3 lanes from the wall, then gradually push up to pretty much against the wall about mid corner before easing back out to about .5 - .75 of a lane on exit. Usually too, one side of the speedway tends to be against the wall while the other a tad more off it. At times, just past mid-corner to mid-exit, there'll be a huge mound of dirt making a near "ramp-like" effect, again particuarly in the longer races, especially when the fast groove is high and it's practically against the wall. Sometimes it's turns 1-2, others it's 3-4...which one it happens to more often I can't really say. Just my opinion as to what the track tends to normally do more often than naught.

One last note, the walls in the turns are much taller than they are on the straights. I want to say a little more than twice as high, but don't quote me on that.
Also, there is an access gate in Turn 4's exit just before the straightaway. After the gate is where the catch fence starts. It'll run along till the opening in Turn 1. On the backstretch, the fence starts in the pits and runs along the straightaway wall, ending as the corner starts and the wall jumps to the corner height they are.
Don't forget the billboards in the corners! lol
And the last relative visual fact, the backstretch grandstands extend back further than the front side. But the front also has the two booths, split by the left side of center's staircase.

Not sure how much of those you knew, but hey...it's relative facts.

1 member likes this post: dirtzilla
7/24/10, 11:26 AM   #9
dirtzilla

I need as many relative photos as I can get or see. I will see what I can put in as to make the track computer friendly and look great and as realistic as possible. The tidbit about the wall in the corners helps out, just gotta get a relative figure before I can model the wall.

1 member likes this post:
7/25/10, 7:07 AM   #10
dirtzilla

I hope you guys aren't too hard on me yet, I got an early progress shot without textures. Waiting on more photos and info before I can continue. I have about 6 hours of modeling work so far. I am a beginner as far as track making but have been learning from one of the best in rFactor, so I think I am in good hands. Anyway, enjoy.
Attached Images
Early Progress.jpg (148.2 KB, 53 views)
AerialTrackView.jpg (126.3 KB, 50 views)
Last edited by dirtzilla; 7/25/10 at 7:11 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt