IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dallara? Really IndyCar?
7/15/10, 2:42 PM   #31
Re: Dallara? Really IndyCar?

The day i see a dirt track hold up for 200 laps with 30 cars running around it will be the day I agree with these cars being on dirt. In my time I have never seen a good "long" dirt race. Seen a few silver crown races, seen arca 3 or 4 times. Watched tons of local stuff run long races. None thrilled me to where I just had to go back. Most of those races end up with the drivers playing dodge the pot hole the last 1/3 of the race. Dirt is for 20-50 lap local races. Heck its not all that often that you see a great track after a sprint car race. Normally the mods and the stockers have 1 lane tracks.

My opinion on the new design.... Things look good. Biggest concern, Someone goes out and spends a ton of money on there aero package, it gets approved. They dominate with it, then it gets tossed. That team ends up with 3 or 4 changes because of rules. #1 thing I like, opening up to teams and new people. Now we need teams and people to walk thru that door. I deffinatly do not think the sport stepped backwards. Just hope to see the Tony Stewart Chevy now

7/15/10, 11:01 PM   #32
shaftracing07

Dont let indycar pull the wool over your eys thinking its just a safety cell. It is a whole rolling chassis with no body. The engine is still a stressed member of the chassis so no stock block stuff. Whats changed might as well of just let everyone rebody the current car.

7/16/10, 12:58 AM   #33
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
The day i see a dirt track hold up for 200 laps with 30 cars running around it will be the day I agree with these cars being on dirt. In my time I have never seen a good "long" dirt race. Seen a few silver crown races, seen arca 3 or 4 times. Watched tons of local stuff run long races. None thrilled me to where I just had to go back. Most of those races end up with the drivers playing dodge the pot hole the last 1/3 of the race. Dirt is for 20-50 lap local races. Heck its not all that often that you see a great track after a sprint car race. Normally the mods and the stockers have 1 lane tracks.

My opinion on the new design.... Things look good. Biggest concern, Someone goes out and spends a ton of money on there aero package, it gets approved. They dominate with it, then it gets tossed. That team ends up with 3 or 4 changes because of rules. #1 thing I like, opening up to teams and new people. Now we need teams and people to walk thru that door. I deffinatly do not think the sport stepped backwards. Just hope to see the Tony Stewart Chevy now

I've been going to The Springfield Mile for 36 years and Du Quoin for 20 and I've seen some great hundred milers at both tracks. Usually the stock cars put on a better show than the Silver Crown cars but the track conditions (potholes) were very seldom a problem and sometimes they start as many as 36 to 40 ARCA cars.

Full grandstands and large car counts will fix all that is ailing with Indy Car racing. Unfortunately I won't hold my breath, even with the new cars.
Last edited by ISF; 7/16/10 at 1:00 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dallara? Really IndyCar?