IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre haute action track ( rumor )
6/30/10, 10:43 AM   #61
Re: Terre haute action track ( rumor )
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFSTOY View Post
talked to Oconners son at kokomo tonite and he said they were giong to promote the sprint week show only.
How would they do that with a UMP Summer Nationals race at Kokomo the same night (July 14th)?

6/30/10, 11:59 AM   #62
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
How would they do that with a UMP Summer Nationals race at Kokomo the same night (July 14th)?
That was my thought. I think I would rather go to Kokomo to watch late models then to the fiasco that THAT has been, the last two times.

7/7/10, 3:07 PM   #63
terrehautian

Dropped by the track while I was down in that area. The Kokomo guys were there prepping the track. While talking to the person I was talking to, a few things he said caught my attention. First he said they are going "whip the track into shape". It looked really good too. Also, they said they are not just "bailing out the track for two races". Before I left, I left my name and number and told them that I would love to help them anyway I could next year. This is really looking promising for the remaining races.

7/7/10, 5:18 PM   #64
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
Before I left, I left my name and number and told them that I would love to help them anyway I could next year.
They could probably use more push trucks. Better get a new bumper for that Jeep.:2::2::2::2::2:

7/7/10, 5:42 PM   #65
jfry1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew s. Quinn View Post
they could probably use more push trucks. Better get a new bumper for that jeep.:2::2::2::2::2:

7/14/10, 10:50 PM   #66
terrehautian

Just bumping this to see what people think of the new promoters?

From my view here at work and from teh sports guy.

They got the race done before 11pm and the sports guy said the track looked really good.

7/15/10, 2:13 PM   #67
axsom#11

did not bring the grandkids , and still spent a bunch , $9.00 on pepsi 3 of them and a few dollars on food and then $5.00 parking , they already have you p--ed off by the time you get in the gate , they must have bought in $10,000.00 in parking alone. The people sit around and think of ways to get every last dollar from your pocket . Bet if the people thinking this up were on a low buget they would 'nt do stuff like dollar here and dollar there , dropped $50.00 before water was on the track . only kidding about the water . you know what I'm talking about . The average guy is getting priced out of everything these days. Oh USAC , you could start charging fans a premit for coming to your events. maybe $5.00 for each person , then you could buy somemore SUVs and big transport haulers . Sorry for the rant. but its getting out of hand and thats not just racing its the world in general.

1 member likes this post: Xflagman
7/15/10, 2:23 PM   #68
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsom#11 View Post
did not bring the grandkids , and still spent a bunch , $9.00 on pepsi 3 of them and a few dollars on food and then $5.00 parking , they already have you p--ed off by the time you get in the gate , they must have bought in $10,000.00 in parking alone. The people sit around and think of ways to get every last dollar from your pocket . Bet if the people thinking this up were on a low buget they would 'nt do stuff like dollar here and dollar there , dropped $50.00 before water was on the track . only kidding about the water . you know what I'm talking about . The average guy is getting priced out of everything these days. Oh USAC , you could start charging fans a premit for coming to your events. maybe $5.00 for each person , then you could buy somemore SUVs and big transport haulers . Sorry for the rant. but its getting out of hand and thats not just racing its the world in general.
Bring your own cooler with food and drinks like everybody else does. You are allowed to at Terre Haute. And everytime a fair is going on associated with a race like Springfield, DuQuoin, Indiana State Fairgrounds, Terre Haute, etc. there is always a charge to park. That charge is from the fairgrounds, not USAC.

7/15/10, 2:25 PM   #69
terrehautian

just to be clear, the parking is not the track. The Fairgrounds Assoc. is in charge of this. It was also brought up that if you got there before 4pm, it was free parking. This is how the fair is every year. Also, if you bought the vending machines soda, that is not the track either. That would also be the Fair grounds.

7/15/10, 4:17 PM   #70
axsom#11

thanks guys , that $5.00 bucks is a big money maker for them

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre haute action track ( rumor )