IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo??
7/12/10, 12:03 AM   #71
Re: Kokomo??
Onlydirt

DD has given a wheel to many people this year, Ballou was another to the list of victims... DD had a careless move earlier in the night look like a days of thunder charge into 3 and 4, but mistakenly made it through clean. Seems to be loosing his patience a bit much lately.

Levi's I didnt block anyone coming from 10th to win comment was great!

1 member likes this post: Trish8574
7/12/10, 12:08 AM   #72
REALDEAL

Is levi and ballou twins with different personalities??????????

7/12/10, 12:55 AM   #73
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Short had an excellent run would have love to see what he could have done with another lap or 2. He defanatly looked faster then Levi.

7/12/10, 1:06 AM   #74
RGraves

Levi definately made the bottom work....Congrats to him

7/12/10, 1:33 AM   #75
davidlyons

HMMM. Two races and two on track "discussions". Someone get the helmet whacking smiley face icon put up here.

Question: Why did the official sit there watching Ballou taunt DD and then the crowd? I'm sure the official was aware that Ballou was not inviting Dave over for dinner. No idea what happened, did not see it, wont comment on the incident.

Still a good race. Short was sure getting around there pretty dam good. Levi was fast, but Short was coming.

No one has mentioned Cottle, he started almost LAST, and ran 4th. To me that was the drive of the night. Would have been interesting to see what JS could have done, he was on the move, til he hit the fence.

With a track like that the veterans sure shine, and still manage to put on a great show for the fans.

Love Indiana Racin....

Dave

7/12/10, 2:15 AM   #76
3Cfan

Kokomo was by far the best race of the week. As for Blands incident, "karma" strikes again!

7/12/10, 7:32 AM   #77
dirtcarfan

Thoughts from Kokomo... USAC had better do something about this red flag rule. Two officials were on the backstretch watching the five or six from Chris Windom's crew work on his car (supposed to be four). Before that, it looked like guys from other cars were coming through the crowd on the backstretch bleachers to talk to their driver through the fence. I love to watch Chris run and do well, but call the infraction. Was a little disappointed that they didn't put more of an effort to help the drivers see the outside fence. How many cars need to hit it before you fix it?? Other than that, a great show and can't wait for the next...

7/12/10, 8:01 AM   #78
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I was front and center for the whole Ballou/DD thing. I was sitting in the pit stand so I thought I would get up and check it out. It was quite entertaining to say the least....some interesting ways to use the f-bomb. I get the heat of the moment….there isn’t a driver out there that hasn’t had words with another. There is time and place though. Ballou telling several people along the fence to f-off when they yelled at him to get away wasn’t smart. His gesture to the crowd wasn’t too cool either. The USAC official needed to get his ass off the 4-wheeler and get him out of there. Just telling him to get away wasn’t doing any good. It shouldn’t have taken another official running from the other end of the track to restore order. That didn’t help either. Like I said, I get heat of the moment words, but that was a pretty ugly deal.

7/12/10, 8:06 AM   #79
EKracing

Are you kidding me? Robert Ballou is awesome. He is allowed to express his opinion and he felt as if DD made a bonehead move. Just because it happend at Kokomo he is not allowed to confront him? Thats a bunch of BS.. What's the crowd going to do? Beat him up? I doubt it. Keep racin hard Robert!

4 members like this post: boiler, Onlydirt, Rpracing1, Trish8574
7/12/10, 8:29 AM   #80
Geoff Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
I was front and center for the whole Ballou/DD thing. I was sitting in the pit stand so I thought I would get up and check it out. It was quite entertaining to say the least....some interesting ways to use the f-bomb. I get the heat of the moment….there isn’t a driver out there that hasn’t had words with another. There is time and place though. Ballou telling several people along the fence to f-off when they yelled at him to get away wasn’t smart. His gesture to the crowd wasn’t too cool either. The USAC official needed to get his ass off the 4-wheeler and get him out of there. Just telling him to get away wasn’t doing any good. It shouldn’t have taken another official running from the other end of the track to restore order. That didn’t help either. Like I said, I get heat of the moment words, but that was a pretty ugly deal.
Was Ballou taunting the crowd to come over and meet him at the turn 1 opening as he walked off the track??

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo??