Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A.M.S.A Rule
6/29/10, 7:40 PM   #11
Re: A.M.S.A Rule
Bradleyracing86

"the other jones" I like that, but not as well as "no muffs to tough" lol

6/29/10, 11:19 PM   #12
COTTLE FAN

it doesnt matter if your 2 lbs too light or your fuels wrong or you have too long of a wheel base or your tires are illegal the point is its ILLEGAL and he has called everyone on it. he paid the winner saturday because he didnt know at the time the fuel was illegal, he hadnt got it tested yet. how are you supposed to go back and take 500 dollars from someone, you cant. he needs to find out away to test the fuel at the track so that people dont start doing this more cause they arnt running for points anyway. your all intitled to your own opinion and this is just my 2 cents

6/30/10, 5:06 PM   #13
Bradleyracing86

Im glad that both orgs are cracken down, I dont reallt know who got the axe but getting beat by a cheater can really frustrate racers, and drive them away from going to the race track. So good for you guys. I know Bill May has the equipment but I think the hydrometers are $ Its hard to tech everything everytime their is not enough man power. Good catch guys Im hoping to atleast get a few races with you fellows soon.
-Andy

6/30/10, 5:07 PM   #14
harry jones

well other jones, if I remember right, you was told the week before to fix the nerf bar by the next race. Which you didn't do so you was DQed now the guy that was DQed was running the wrong fuel for the weight that he had. And Mr Tague hasn't got anyone in his click as you call it. He is just trying to weed out the cheaters. and sorry your boy was one of them last year. You want to see things run fair and clean or let cheaters win on the time. and let the ones that are legal lose all the time. No way. so this is the real JONES and just what I think. Thank You

6/30/10, 6:55 PM   #15
badgersx

How can you penalize a team for pushing innovation and operating in a gray area of the rules. The rules for the series have stood firm since January, so how can you change a rule 10 min before hotlaps and try to inforce it and think thats okay as a promoter. I agree with the extra weight having to be added to run the e85 fuel however that car was not illegal earlier in the yr and was not doing anything wrong untill last saturday night. When they came to the track they came with a car that was legal. I dont see any malice by either party. In short i take offence to a sanctioning body changing a rule moments before the start of the event. This gave the team in question no time to adjust, unless everyone travels to the track with 70lbs of lead ready to throw onto a car? In the end he'll put the weight on and still will races.

6/30/10, 7:11 PM   #16
DAD

Well "Harry" my Grand Pa's name was Harry and he was a hard headed old so-so. I dont guess I've ever met you. I'm the only Jones I can remember that ran with amsa in the last year or so. I do remember trying to find jerry befor the race to tell him that we did not have time to cut the offending member off. I asked His second in comand and he told me not to worry just get it taken care of by the next race. Well we finished real far up in the field and guess what, we got d/qed. I explained to this other guy before the race if there was a problem we'd just load up and drive 30 miles back home no problem for us. Well we were disqualified we raced our butt off to get to where we finished. I could have been home watching tv or something anything but working on a darned old race car. Amsa even saw fit to spend the extra time to post why we ran last in their results. I did not see anything this time about people being d/qed, maybe there name is too hard to spell. It would have been nice if someone would have stood up for us that night.

HOW do you spell your last name again?_______________________

I'll just use the standard saying

" JUST BLAME IT ON BUSH "

6/30/10, 8:27 PM   #17
TNR22

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgersx View Post
How can you penalize a team for pushing innovation and operating in a gray area of the rules. The rules for the series have stood firm since January, so how can you change a rule 10 min before hotlaps and try to inforce it and think thats okay as a promoter. I agree with the extra weight having to be added to run the e85 fuel however that car was not illegal earlier in the yr and was not doing anything wrong untill last saturday night. When they came to the track they came with a car that was legal. I dont see any malice by either party. In short i take offence to a sanctioning body changing a rule moments before the start of the event. This gave the team in question no time to adjust, unless everyone travels to the track with 70lbs of lead ready to throw onto a car? In the end he'll put the weight on and still will races.
Page 2 of 2010 AMSA rules state:
Fuel
Alcohol or gasoline fuel only - Nitro or Nitrous Oxide Is NOT ALLOWED. Fuel may be
randomly checked and if found illegal, you will be disqualified for the night. No points or
monies will be awarded for the night. ALL MOTORS ON ALCOHOL have to weigh 970
lbs car and driver. ALL MOTORS ON GAS have to weigh 900 lbs. car and driver

So what is E85
E85 is an alcohol fuel mixture that typically contains a mixture of up to 85% denatured fuel ethanol and gasoline or other hydrocarbon (HC) by volume

That is not a gray area of the rules, I do agree that it should have been caught sooner. Hell I and others knew about it 2 weeks before, but it was not a rule change at the track. He just got caught and I do agree Rod is a very good driver and will win races. I belive he proabaly had nothing to do with the fuel but he is the driver and has to deal with it. I have no ill will toward him or his car owners they have always been good to race with.
70 lbs will not hurt them much although we all know that is to much weight for alcohol motor but it is the rule and we have to deal with it.

1 member likes this post: somebodysmam
6/30/10, 8:40 PM   #18
suzuki756

How the hell is a gas I drive to a pump on the corner and put in my car every week not legal its freaking gas.I have been spanked by this car and many other but I checked the amsa rules I printed and put in my trailer they say nothing about cheap gas can not be used I am sorry bit I don't see this as cheating how can you say at a drivers meeting 20 mins before a race and say you can not. Use e85 you can put udf gas in that car and they will be fast period.I think some people are mad because he spends $1:85 on gas and we spend $15:00 a gallon on gas and we still can not beat them !!!! I just wish I would of thought of it first . I give it up to you for getting it to work .let's face it it is not cheating there was no rules for it .its still gas udf 93 has 12% alky is it illegal????
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Dang 1:85 a gal that's what makes me mad
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Wait I seen his fuel checked all year it was legal then
Posted via Mobile Device

6/30/10, 8:53 PM   #19
garry47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNR22 View Post
Page 2 of 2010 AMSA rules state:
Fuel
Alcohol or gasoline fuel only - Nitro or Nitrous Oxide Is NOT ALLOWED. Fuel may be
randomly checked and if found illegal, you will be disqualified for the night. No points or
monies will be awarded for the night. ALL MOTORS ON ALCOHOL have to weigh 970
lbs car and driver. ALL MOTORS ON GAS have to weigh 900 lbs. car and driver

So what is E85
E85 is an alcohol fuel mixture that typically contains a mixture of up to 85% denatured fuel ethanol and gasoline or other hydrocarbon (HC) by volume

That is not a gray area of the rules, I do agree that it should have been caught sooner. Hell I and others knew about it 2 weeks before, but it was not a rule change at the track. He just got caught and I do agree Rod is a very good driver and will win races. I belive he proabaly had nothing to do with the fuel but he is the driver and has to deal with it. I have no ill will toward him or his car owners they have always been good to race with.
70 lbs will not hurt them much although we all know that is to much weight for alcohol motor but it is the rule and we have to deal with it.
couldnt agree more. its pretty clearly stated, ALCOHOL. it wasnt a rule changed at the track. im not here to defend anybody by any means, but this rule has been in the rule book all year long. ethanol is an alcohol, look it up. if it has "ol" on the end, it is an alcohol as it has a hydroxyl group on it. i was actually there at the drivers meeting. im tired of people saying this was changed at the track.

6/30/10, 9:37 PM   #20
TNR22

Greg 1.85 a gallon plus the 700.00 Ghul wants to do the box makes it about the same cost of Reg. alcohol conversion.
When I found out about it I already had a trip to Pa. planned, So I said what the Hell Ill do it and take the 50 lbs of lead out of my car, I called and ask Jerry if it was OK and he said absoutly not! Like I said I wasn't there Sat. so I only know what I was told was said in the meeting. If it was a problem maybe he should have spoke up instead of going ahead and racing with it. Maybe I am wrong I don't know but I think you are in the miniorty on this.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A.M.S.A Rule