IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oswego Siver Crown Race
6/30/10, 5:00 PM   #11
Re: Oswego Siver Crown Race
etpro43

wow thats a great well rounded trip! Just hope for good weather.

6/30/10, 5:35 PM   #12
dberrio

you will really like fulton. its a fast 4/10 hi-banked dirt track. sprints are quick there. one of the old notheast speedways. sunday, go to cayuga speedway for the dirt mods and also go early as the dirt hall of fame is on the fairgrounds a must take. have fun!!

7/1/10, 12:51 PM   #13
RacinFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by etpro43 View Post
Fulton is a very cool little place to watch the Outaws. Get to it while you can as the rumor is the dirt will be taken up after this season and the track will be paved. Make sure you get your fill of Hoffman Hotdogs!
That rumor has been around since Bub and Eric threw dirt on it a few years back. I don't think it will happen with John wight owning it as he owns the Gypsum Express stable.

7/1/10, 7:50 PM   #14
IndyBound

Apexonephoto, looks like you got some great answers to your questions and have a great race schedule planned for yourself. Can't wait to see your pictures, espically of the Silver Crown and ISMA races.

As for the Fulton rumor like Tom said it is probably an old rumor. One of my girlfriends brothers works at both Fulton and Brewerton and should have an answer for us. So before I start anymore rumors I will see what he thinks of that rumor. I will be off line until next week, will try to have an answer then.

Apexonephoto, enjoy your trip!

Patti

7/1/10, 9:54 PM   #15
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Thanks for all the info. I never knew there was this many from the Empire State on this board! I would like to check out the Hall of Fame, glad you pointed that out, as I would end up getting there too late and missing out!

I hope the weather works out, too much heat isn't usually an issue for me. John Wight does have quite the dirt stable right now, I can't see them switching to pavement, but I'm no expert.

Thanks again
James

7/2/10, 7:21 AM   #16
Ny Sprint Fan

There is one other track that runs sundays that isnt that far away either and that is utica rome. Not sure what their schedule is but worth a check.

7/12/10, 11:10 AM   #17
IndyBound

First of topic, my sources tell me there are no plans to pave Fulton. While I attended Supermodified races there on Sundays afternoons when it was a paved track, why would John Wight want to go back to pavement?

Second, rumors flying around Oswego this weekend are Ryan Newman and Kyle Busch will be at Oswego for the Silver Crown Race and while Kyle may not have a Silver Crown car to run he will get to go out in a super.

On a side note Siver Crown driver Paul White was at Oswego this past Saturday driving Steve Miller's Sweet 16 Supermodified, Paul had a strong 3rd place run going and was working on second place when the motor went with about 9 laps to go. The Miller team should have had a new motor in the car last Saturday however there was something wrong with it when they received it. So I look for Paul to be back at Oswego later this year in a super.

Patti

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oswego Siver Crown Race