IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rushville Nationals TONIGHT!!!!
6/25/10, 10:53 AM   #1
Rushville Nationals TONIGHT!!!!

Rushville Nationals tonight and Saturday. I have not seen anything on here from the UMRA group so i figured I would give them a hand. Pertaining to the last Rushville thread that was on here, improvements the UMRA has made to make tonights show great.

1. This is a national event, I guess cars will be here from other states. Before the split, OH, KY, IL, and IN were normally represented.

2. AWSOME RACE TRACK TONIGHT! UMRA sent one of there officials to build the track. He was still working it when I left the fairgrounds last night at Midnight. No more excuses about a bad track. Should see alot of passing tonight. No more 1 groove track!

3. Filler division with a FULL PURSE! 600cc mini sprints tonight, the fairboard has agreed to pay the recomended purse. Should be alot of these guys tonight. The purse is supposed to bring in a full field. Straight from the fairboard.

I will give everyone a report tonight after the show. Good luck to all the racers.

6/25/10, 2:36 PM   #2
Re: Rushville Nationals TONIGHT!!!!
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
Rushville Nationals tonight and Saturday. I have not seen anything on here from the UMRA group so i figured I would give them a hand. Pertaining to the last Rushville thread that was on here, improvements the UMRA has made to make tonights show great.

1. This is a national event, I guess cars will be here from other states. Before the split, OH, KY, IL, and IN were normally represented.

2. AWSOME RACE TRACK TONIGHT! UMRA sent one of there officials to build the track. He was still working it when I left the fairgrounds last night at Midnight. No more excuses about a bad track. Should see alot of passing tonight. No more 1 groove track!

3. Filler division with a FULL PURSE! 600cc mini sprints tonight, the fairboard has agreed to pay the recomended purse. Should be alot of these guys tonight. The purse is supposed to bring in a full field. Straight from the fairboard.

I will give everyone a report tonight after the show. Good luck to all the racers.
I thought this show was NEXT Friday and Saturday?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/25/10, 3:22 PM   #3
racefan14

Mike,

Next weekend is the huge Midwest TQ racing doubleheade with the Saturday night at the Shelby County Fairgrounds and the 4th of July race at the Rush County Fairgrounds. If you want to see plenty of Rushville drivers like series champion Tate Martz, Kyle Lux. Wil Wilson then these are the races to go to. Plus on Sunday night we are offering 1000 to win a ten lap ten car shootout after the feature plus local firworks show after. Should be a blast and there should around 30 cars each night. Plenty of two wide racing. Thanks Ryan.

6/25/10, 3:57 PM   #4

well looks like Midwest is winning the advertising war. And so you know I am contracted thru the fair board for other events. With the heavy rains early in the week, we have had tons of people calling every day to see if events are going to happen. I wanted to make sure people knew tonights event was on.

6/25/10, 4:11 PM   #5
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Thanks guys for the clarification. I was confused as to when this show was happening. Instead of one weekend, it is really two weekends of TQ midget racing at Rushville.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/25/10, 10:41 PM   #6
RedRacer07

Any updates? Car count?
Thanks,
Kerry Edwards

6/26/10, 9:25 AM   #7
RushvilleDirtFan

25 TQ's and 31 sidewinders. Ron Combs won the TQ feature and Stephanie Mockler won the sidewinder feature.
Posted via Mobile Device

6/26/10, 10:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post

National event: only 1 car from outside Indiana. not even enough cars for a b-main

Awsome Track: No more excuses track looked no different than when the fairboard builds it. Look forward to see what Midwest can do with it. And you only change lanes with the disc on the straight away, take a trip to (gas city, bloomington, or the burg to learn).

Filler Division: AWSOME, I am a big (micro, sidewinder, mini sprint) fan now. Even though the track sucked, they had 2 wide racing. That Abrams kid in the 32 put on a show. Put the car up high and went from the back to 3rd. He was fighting for the lead. 32 YOU HAD EVERYONE EXCITED. These guys were the show. I want to thank the mini sprint drivers that went out to get the sponsorship to make the race happen.

As far as the TQ's pretty decent show. I am glad the track was bad because that opened up the door for passing. Only a few tried to move up, but were not able to do anything. Good looking field of cars, you really have to have some knowledge now to know how many green cars are on the track.

1 quick comment to Kevin Miller, from a fan stand point, you need to keep the show moving. I will give you 1 intermission, but long breaks between every race is just rediculouse. Your fans had to walk to there cars thru a dark midway because it went so late. The only thing people kept complaining about was the delay after delay.

UMRA made a major improvment from there Spring race, but they have the Micros to thank for that. Hope they remember that.

1 member likes this post: Austin75
6/26/10, 1:07 PM   #9
Austin75

I had a lot of fun. I cant believe how much passing we were able to do. Thanks to UMRA for allowing us mini sprint guys to run with them..hopefully we can do it more often!!

6/27/10, 11:20 PM   #10
Sandy Lowe

Who won Saturday night?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rushville Nationals TONIGHT!!!!