IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indoor Sprint Car Racing Alive and Well!!!
11/13/07, 10:13 AM   #1
Indoor Sprint Car Racing Alive and Well!!!
Daddyo

That's right 1/18 scale remote control winged sprintcar racing is alive and well in Batesville Indiana. OPening night for the season was this past Saturday with 11 of the mini winged warriors doing battle. I must say that I was very impressed with the racing action of the evening. There were 2 other classes also running that evening those being a novice class for the beginners just starting out in R/C and also running were the stadium trucks (Super Fast). They run 2 heats (Depending on the number of entries) and a feature for all classes. Very enjoyable evening of family fun and friendly racing competition. Will also help getting through these cold winter months without the real thing. Very affordable with an initial investment of $180.00 which gets you a race ready 1/18 scale winged sprint car w/ radio then there is a $10.00 entry fee for the evening with adults recieving $$$$ to win (again depending on the number of partricipants and the kids racing for trophies. For more info contact Ron at Linville Hobbies 812-932-0415. You need to at least go and watch one Saturday Night. Also the sprints run every other Saturday on the oval and then every other Saturday he runs touring cars on a road course. Check it out.

11/13/07, 11:31 AM   #2
Re: Indoor Sprint Car Racing Alive and Well!!!
D.O.

Sounds like a good time, I know a few racers in Indy have those and will probally come down. But I have to ask the Question? LOL! Do they have to have support classes!!! LOL!

Is this the same place they had slot cars a year ago?

11/13/07, 1:21 PM   #3
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Anybody Need A Driver...lol

11/13/07, 1:28 PM   #4
Daddyo

It is the same hobby shop only it has moved to a NEW location. It is now located at Huntersville Road and State Road 46 (Across from the high school). They had a summer Dirt series outside on a dirt oval and also a motocross type track for the stadium trucks. Points championship with banquet and awards. It's really a neat deal. The winter series is ran on a carpet track. Believe it or not there are actually set ups on the cars in which to improve the handling. I did notice great sets going into the corners with alot of pushing coming off the corners. Still a pretty neat deal all the way around. Great time for father / son or daughter time during the winter or even time just for dad to get away. Either way you really need to check it out.

11/13/07, 1:39 PM   #5
Eatin Dirt

Stopped out there one day a while back and some of the guys were running the stadium trucks outside. It was pretty cool. The dirt oval outside would be fun to watch the little sprints run on.

11/13/07, 1:55 PM   #6
JoeDirtRacing

If my memory serves me correctly, the rules for the sprint races in Batesville are BONE STOCK! There would be about 5-10 guys willing to come and race if the rules were altered a little for upgrades. What we run is basically stock except there is an open shock rule and we also run the 1400 battery. (More power and the last longer!) This allows us some tuning ability, but also keeps the cost down considerably from what it could be with all of the hop-up parts that are available. If these rules were allowed in Batesville, I know a group would probably come over and race!

Brad Ringer

11/13/07, 2:02 PM   #7
Rex W.

Do they still have a drag strip???

11/13/07, 2:09 PM   #8
MEAT

Do you know if they are running Touring Cars, if not I could run stadium. Just curious?

11/13/07, 2:14 PM   #9
Eatin Dirt

Rex W. Yes I did notice a drag strip inside when I was there the other day.

11/13/07, 3:10 PM   #10
Daddyo

They are running 1/18th and 1/10th scale touring cars this Saturday night along with the novice Mini-T class. Races start at 6:00 p.m. so you need to be there by about 5:30. Also there is a 1/4 mile (Scale) slot car drag strip with drag races on Wed. nights. Call for times as I know nothing about the drag races.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indoor Sprint Car Racing Alive and Well!!!