CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Track has a little bite!
Posted via Mobile Device

6/13/10, 11:22 AM   #3
Re: Kevin Thomas "Burg" Flip
FishBurger

Heckuva way to come back from 11 years retirement for our buddy, cecil98 (Craig Stevens). Look for him to pushoff for showup bucks when this event is rescheduled and then promptly return to car owner only status. Then again, when the green drops, I wouldn't be shocked if that old competitive urge takes over again.

BTW, other than some bent parts, Craig seemed to be fine when we talked in the pits.

1 member likes this post: Amatiforever
6/13/10, 1:42 PM   #4
Downey44

Glad all were ok. Thinking maybe Craig should go by "Spin Cycle" now rather than cecil98

6/13/10, 7:16 PM   #5
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downey44 View Post
Glad all were ok. Thinking maybe Craig should go by "Spin Cycle" now rather than cecil98
I asked Craig which was harder, getting into the car (seat) or getting out. Getting out was his answer.

6/14/10, 2:50 PM   #6
Amatiforever

Glad Craig is okay. Coming out of retirement is never easy and I am sure that it took alot of 'nerve' to do it. Would love to have been there though. I am sure he had a blast and is very willing to do it again. Good Luck Craig,

6/14/10, 7:33 PM   #7
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downey44 View Post
Then "Spin Cycle" it is !!!! I was having a ball until that happened . I had forgotten the sound, feel and aroma of being in the cockpit and Saturday night brought it all back. I just love that feeling !!!!!!!!
I don't know if Brad is going to let me back in it, or not. Marv Fish could be right. He may just make me take the green on the rain date and pull it in.

6/15/10, 5:34 AM   #8
highbanks

Craig: What is tougher, a clasrroom full of fools or taking a rough ride in the sprinter? Glad your ok and I will look you up at the Burg the night of Indiana Sprint Week. Mick

6/15/10, 7:09 AM   #9
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by highbanks View Post
Craig: What is tougher, a clasrroom full of fools or taking a rough ride in the sprinter? Glad your ok and I will look you up at the Burg the night of Indiana Sprint Week. Mick

Mick, the classroom full of fools, by far !!!!!! When I got out of that sprint car, I was alittle dizzy but, I wasn't shaking. For the last 6 or 7 years I taught school, I left that building about half the time shaking !!!! It's gotten real bad, even in the suburban schools. We're told they all pass/graduate, there's very little backing with regard to discipline and the kids know it. Being told to "F off" by some skinny little twerp was no infrequent occurance!! Oh well, let's think about happy things, like driving sprint cars !!! I really look forward to talking you during Sprint Week...

6/15/10, 7:36 AM   #10
Gregg

Watching the weather alerts on Channel 9 last night Cindy O'Quinn talked about a cyclonic cell in the Cincinnati area. I thought to myself "Maybe it's just Craig firing up the sprint car again."

Glad your "comeback" wasn't too painfull, Craig. I'll be talking to you.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Thomas "Burg" Flip