IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > SMOKE - Two thumbs up!
6/11/10, 7:26 PM   #1
SMOKE - Two thumbs up!
brc

Cool Beans,,,

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar...rty&id=5272742

BC

6/11/10, 8:14 PM   #2
Re: SMOKE - Two thumbs up!
Pat O'Connor Fan

Not the first time Tony has done something like this, and I'm sure it won't be the last!

6/11/10, 8:39 PM   #3
TQ29m

Yes, I got an email either Monday, or Tues, from "the friend", and he told me what was going on, I've known Tony and his family since he was about 6yrs old, consider them good friends! Bob

6/11/10, 9:11 PM   #4
LEADERS EDGE

Hearing Jack Miller announce was always a treat.

Announcers are alot like the photogs because they are the ones who help shape the experience of the sport. Basically they show and tell us the way the sport is and the personalities involved at that exact moment of time in history. Great ones are few and far between and Jack is definately one of the greats. Much like the recently departed Ken Coles.

It was an honor for me to hear Jack announce our car and my brothers name at the Chili Bowl. I will never forget it.

Tony is Tony for better or for worse. This is definately the better. Good for him.

6/11/10, 9:22 PM   #5
brc

Leaders Edge,

Couldn't agree with you more. I have never heard an announcer anywhere close to the caliber that Jack Miller is. He put the F U N into racing when you heard him call a race. I remember when Jack announced weekly at Knoxville Raceway. As stated in the story Jack announced at the first ever WOO race at Dallas. I was there. Didn't even know there was going to be a 'sanctioned' race when I drove down there.. Who'd thunk the WOO would be still be going some 30+ years later..
Soft hearted Tony came across once again! Kudos!

BC

6/12/10, 8:40 AM   #6
IndyBound

Great act of kindess by Tony, the Miller's are in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. While I have never met Jack Miller he certainly sounds like a courageous man, fighting hard and loved by many, many racers and race fans.

God Bless the Miller's!

Patti

6/12/10, 10:00 AM   #7
RushvilleDirtFan

Good job Tony and a big thumbs up to Larry Martz.
Posted via Mobile Device

6/12/10, 11:08 AM   #8
REH24

Like him or not Tony has a big heart when it comes to someone needing help, especially the racing community. He reminds me a lot of Foyt in a lot of ways. Look at what he did for Cockney Wright before he passed.

REH

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > SMOKE - Two thumbs up!