IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints & Midgets at Berlin Raceway
6/2/10, 11:56 AM   #11
Re: USAC Sprints & Midgets at Berlin Raceway
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Just being picky here, but that SC race a few years back is probably the PRA Big Car race from about 2006? Does the year sound about right? I know Ryan Newman ran in it.
Berlin Raceway,Marne, MI
Date of Race: 6/13/2007
Race Notes:
Marne, Michigan
Noblesville, Indiana's Ron Gregory won his first PRA Big Car Series event Wednesday in the Fox 17 150 at Berlin Raceway. Gregory was fast qualifier but drew the number three starting position in the PRA's unique way of determining the first six starting positions. He also survived a close call on lap 85 when he touched wheels with Brad Armstrong while battling Darland for the lead. Ron drove the Hannig Construction/First Financial Bank Foxco Beast entered by BWB Racing.

"I just kept adjusting the car all evening," said Gregory. "And it seemed to get better as the laps wound down."

NASCAR Nextel Cup star Ryan Newman was late arriving to the track and missed qualifying, so he started 17th in the 18-car field. But the South Bend, Indiana native moved through the field quickly and was in the top ten within ten laps. He ran third for several laps before being passed by Tyler in the closing circuits.

Bobby Santos III dropped out of competition after 66 laps with overheating problems. He had won the two previous PRA Big Car races that he had entered last year.

The race was slowed by several caution flags for minor incidents. Next for the Big Car Series is a visit to the famous Oswego Speedway in New York on August 10.

Qualifications) 1 Ron Gregory, Noblesville,IN 16.295, 2 Dave Darland, Lincoln,IN 16.399, 3 Eric Gordon, Indianapolis,IN 16.402, 4 Bobby Santos III, Franklin,MA 16.471, 5 A.J Fike, Galesburg,IL 16.492, 6 Marc Jessup, Camby,IN 16.514, 7 Brian Tyler, Parma 16.533, 8 Bobby East, Indianapolis,IN 16.560, 9 Brad Armstrong, New Palestine,IN 16.598, 10 John Heydenreich, Bloomsburg,PA 16.611, 11 Kyle Nicholas, Naples,FL 16.642, 12 Mike Lichty, Ontario 16.735, 13 Teddy Beach, Donnelsville,OH 16.768, 14 Kevin Feeney, Oxford,MI 16.802, 15 Jacob Wilson, Crawfordsville,IN 16.935, 16 Ryan Smith, Kunkletown,PA 17.344. NT Ryan Newman, South Bend,IN; Sport Allen, Pinellas Park,FL

A-main (150 laps) 1 Ron Gregory/Hannig Construction Foxco Beast 52 (3), 2 Dave Darland/Hoerner-Jacobs Beast 92 (5), 3 Brian Tyler/ Contos Pink Ford Beast 4 (7), 4 Ryan Newman/Hoerner-Jacobs Beast 192 (17), 5 Bobby East/Klatt Ford Beast 6 (8), 6 A.J Fike/RFMS Foxco Beast 32 (1), 7 Teddy Beach/Weld Wheels Beast 15 (13), 8 Eric Gordon/BOCA Pink Chevy Beast 2 (6), 9 Kevin Feeney/Westcon Elevators Bloomer Beast 9 (14), 10 Kyle Nicholas/Pedigo Chevy Beast 41 (11), 11 John Heydenreich/Accelerate It Beast 90 (10), 12 Marc Jessup/Hannig Construction Ford Beast 25 (2), 13 Ryan Smith/ S&S Speedways Beast 55 (16), 14 Mike Lichty/Patco Transportation Pink Beast 94 (12) DNF Jacob Wilson/kartshirts.com Gaerte Chevy Beast 07 (15), Sport Allen/Moore Gaerte Beast 89 (18), Brad Armstrong/Armstrong Garage Door Beast 56 (9), Bobby Santos III/ Wirtgen American Beast 29 (4) PRA Champ Cars

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
6/2/10, 12:01 PM   #12
Race Poor

Nice post Berlin, probably won't make it up this year to race, but keep it going and we will bring our car next year. I like the regional midgets running with a national series on the same night.

Oh, the only thing that I don't like is running regional cars during the weekdays. Makes it tough.
Last edited by Race Poor; 6/2/10 at 12:16 PM.

6/2/10, 1:33 PM   #13
S_Meekhof

Heres what I have for a possible list of drivers. The first 15 i think are about 100% but ya never know. Then a long list of possible guys from usac, avss, or spartan speedways non-wing sprint car class.

USAC Sprints June 12, 2010 Entry List
Berlin Raceway

1. Dave Darland
2. Damion Gardner
3. Jerry Coons Jr.
4. Levi Jones
5. Brian Clauson
6. Tracy Hines
7. Chris Windom
8. Shane Hmiel
9. Jacob Wilson
10. Tanner Swanson
11. Kody Swanson
12. Henry Clarke
13. Ryan Litt
14. Derek Snyder
15. Nick Landon

Possibles

Jeff Bloom
Bobby East
AJ Fike
Bobby Santos
Daren Hagen
Scott Pierovich
Jim Swain
Tom Fedewa
Chris Hettinger
Taylor Ferns
Doug Dietsch
Jim Heeney
Tyler Underwood
Jimmy McCune
Mike Astrauskas
Mark Strpko
Tom Patterson
Matt Kinzinger
Tracy Rice
Ike Beasley

USAC Regional Midgets
Berlin Raceway
June 12, 2010

These are just guesses pretty much, any help to this list would be appreciated.

Dalton Armstrong
Dillon Welch
Daniel Bedford
David Byrne
Shane Hmiel
Nick Wagner
Cale Conley
Travis Young
Chris Phillips
Buddy Lowther
Dave Fuhrman
Levi Roberts
Mario Marietta

6/3/10, 2:03 PM   #14
berlinraceway

Sprints, Midgets share Berlin Raceway bill June 12
AMSOIL National Sprint Car Series racing in Marne

It's been 16 years since Page Jones, son of 1963 Indianapolis winner Parnelli Jones, won a 30-lap USAC Sprint race at Berlin Raceway in Marne, Mich. The USAC AMSOIL Sprint Cars return to the historic 7/16-mile paved oval June 12 and another Jones will be among the featured drivers.

Levi Jones of Olney, Ill., like Parnelli a USAC champion, continues his defense of his 2009 title as he pilots the Tony Stewart Racing entry in the 2010 series.

Parnelli himself is among former USAC race winners at the Marne oval. Indianapolis 500 winner Mario Andretti and his son Jeff have both been victorious in USAC races there, as have USAC champions Rich Vogler, Gene Hartley, Bob Tattersall, Jimmy Davies, Norm Nelson, Don White, Bob Wente, Sam Sessions, Larry Dickson, Greg Weld, Rollie Beale, Bobby East, Tate Martz and Tony Elliott.

The June 12 racing program also features the USAC Regional Midgets and Mario Marietta of Indianapolis, Ind. could be among top threats for victory, having won races at Berlin the past two years.

Of the 175 USAC races contested in Michigan, 36 have been at Berlin Raceway. The June 12 event will mark the 14th Michigan appearance of the USAC Sprint Cars and the 17th appearance of the USAC Midgets in the Wolverine State. In addition, the USAC Stock Cars, Pro Fords and Ford Focus Midgets have all competed in Michigan.

One of the most proficient USAC Sprint drivers in the state of Michigan was Eric Gordon, who won three in a row at Berlin in 1990, 1991 and 1992. Gordon just scored an amazing ninth victory in the prestigious "Little 500" classic at Anderson, Ind. May 29.

Tickets are priced at $20, with kids 6-12 admitted for $5 and kids under 6 free. Michigan Auto Race Fans members will be admitted half-price ($10) with proof of membership and a special half-price ticket coupon will also be available Berlin Raceway sponsor locations in the area. A driver autograph session is planned and racing gets under way at 7 pm.

--USAC--

6/6/10, 1:52 PM   #15
berlinraceway

Any picks for this race?

Ryan Litt may be an underdog choice as he has great success at Berlin with the wing.

6/6/10, 6:54 PM   #16
schwarzracen27

Jeff Bloom has a ton of laps there, even though he hasn't raced much non-wing stuff in last few years, if he decides to show up, he'd be one to watch.
Posted via Mobile Device

6/6/10, 11:19 PM   #17
S_Meekhof

Im going to have to go with Bobby Santos if hes there... hope he is. Otherwise seeing jeff bloom run good would be pretty cool.

6/7/10, 9:50 PM   #18
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlinraceway View Post
Any picks for this race?

Ryan Litt may be an underdog choice as he has great success at Berlin with the wing.
I would like @ response to the pm I sent you.Guess you don't care whether we visit your track or not

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

6/7/10, 10:08 PM   #19
S_Meekhof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
I would like @ response to the pm I sent you.Guess you don't care whether we visit your track or not
He probably didnt see it, i know i had a pm on here for a while once an didnt notice it.

What was your question? Maybe i can answer ive been to berlin 10000 times.

6/9/10, 4:08 PM   #20
S_Meekhof

Getting pretty excited to the USAC Sprints back in Michigan!

Can't Wait!!!!

:99:::40::69:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints & Midgets at Berlin Raceway