IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway (THANKS)
6/4/10, 7:34 AM   #31
Re: Paragon Speedway (THANKS)
tin man

Hey reed becareful who you call your friends. Keith don't have friends. and you want to talk about safe how about you OPEN WHEEL guys coming off the track to damn fast. thats unsafe.

6/4/10, 9:20 AM   #32
butlergrafix

totally aggree with the points fund... i ran for points one year and it blew my mind that if you raced at a track all year all you recieved in return was a trophy, wow!!! All the money my family spent the whole year going to just one race track and all we got was a trophy... when i raced go-karts when i was a kid there was a ton of stuff at the banquet(and the trophys were alot bigger). A good points banquett will gain weekly racers for the whole season... Just by calling and asking all the manufactuers if they could donate a product(or gift certificates) you would most likely get a ton of stuff at the banquett. Hoosier, Extreme perf, Speedway motors, Performance bodies, and the many many more companies out there. Also i dont see why you couldnt ask around for "lap sponsors" for the bigger races like the peeden memorial to gain racers. All it would take is some lap money sponsors or someone willing to sponsor the race to make a $800 to win race a possible $1000-$1200 to win race. The all of sudden Paragon is the buzz for having one of the biggest street stock races of the year. Try to turn your bigger race into a "PREMIER" super stock race that racers dont want to miss and a alot more fans would show up b/c they know on that night 50 of the best cars in Indiana will show up.

As for the fans in the grandstands has a track ever tried having a carload night like the county fairs do?? you might loose some gate money but if you have 30% more people at the track you will make more in concessions.

theres just a bunch more things you can do to try to get people to show up on a regular basis... why do i care? Because the more money the track makes the more money the track is able to kick out in payout. The payout is definatly too low- one of the worst in Indiana- but with less people showing up to the track i dont look for it to raise any until they can figure out how to get people to return to the track on a weekly basis...

well i need to quit giving my opinion/ideas... im way behind on work!!! lol

6/4/10, 5:23 PM   #33
RATHER B RACING

this what you see in the hood not at the race track. they both need their for actting like that.

6/4/10, 8:30 PM   #34
mikeham73

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin man View Post
Hey reed becareful who you call your friends. Keith don't have friends. and you want to talk about safe how about you OPEN WHEEL guys coming off the track to damn fast. thats unsafe.
Don't forget the time Joe Roush was vandalizing other peoples cars. I don't think I've seen the stock car guys doing that. The sprint cars should have more respect for us. If it weren't for us there wouldn't be anyone in the stands to watch their 2 hour spinfest every week.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway (THANKS)