Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > hoosier 100 updates
5/29/10, 12:12 AM   #31
Re: hoosier 100 updates
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
Better yet how long was the red flag.
14 minutes

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
For anyone who was there last year, how was the crowd?
Pretty good. Looked slightly better than last year's crowd.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
And how were the mods?
Kenny Schrader started on the pole and dominated.

5/29/10, 12:21 AM   #32
B99

The red was 10 minutes ifthat-Iwill tellyou I was not for itat first,but it really wasn't that bad and made things really interesting watching Hmielcome thru the pack.

Some guys had great rides. Derek Hagar up from 32ndto 2nd at one point. Kody Swanson getting in Tanner's car and I believe going to the back at the start. Bud Kaeding 19th to 2nd

You guys need to give kudos and props to Bob Sargent. They scrapedseveralinches off the track and found quite abit of the clay. We had amuchmuch bettertrack than in the last several years.

5/29/10, 12:29 AM   #33
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B99 View Post
The red was 10 minutes ifthat-Iwill tellyou I was not for itat first,but it really wasn't that bad and made things really interesting watching Hmielcome thru the pack.
The red flag lasted from 9:20 to 9:34, but that was no problem. And I agree with you that it did make it interesting. It didn't change the result of the winner as Hmiel was a rocketship for all 100 laps. He did have a very close call with Rex Norris going into turn one late in the race. Also, great job by Russ Gamester before the tire went away.

5/29/10, 1:00 AM   #34
Blake Johnson

If you didnt see it in person, you missed a pretty good show. The mods were good too. The sunset was incredible. Thanks for the promoters and the state of Indiana for ponying up the money to make the event what it is.

5/29/10, 7:43 AM   #35
Hubie

Sounds like Hot Rod had a pretty good run as well.

Way to go Johnny!!!

5/29/10, 10:24 AM   #36
sprint38racer

thought it was a great race,...and though skeptical beforehand,..i thought the red at half way made things really interesting the last half,...Hmiel had to work hard and made some gutsy inside moves into turnone to get back to the front,....the guys who didn't change tires were very competitive and the guys with new rubber had to work hard to move through the field for the most part. Mod race was good too,...except Schrader flat put it on everyone,...he was fast enough in qualifying his time would have been like 7th or 8th int he silver crown field,...he was hauling

5/29/10, 11:59 AM   #37
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
Sounds like Hot Rod had a pretty good run as well.

Way to go Johnny!!!
I agree, Johnny had a good night espically since I heard he had no brakes for part of the race. Great run Johnny!

Patti

5/29/10, 12:36 PM   #38
dr_destructo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
I agree, Johnny had a good night espically since I heard he had no brakes for part of the race. Great run Johnny!

Patti
Probably no big deal since I don't ever remember him using brakes anyway??!!

Way to go Johnny!

5/29/10, 5:44 PM   #39
petey

Congrats to Hmeil on the win but what happened to Stanbrough? Third quick and finished dead last. Hasn't been a good weekend so far for the Silent Gasser.

5/30/10, 1:57 AM   #40
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
Congrats to Hmeil on the win but what happened to Stanbrough? Third quick and finished dead last. Hasn't been a good weekend so far for the Silent Gasser.
He didn't even start the race. Burnt piston, I believe.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > hoosier 100 updates