Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > waynesfield
5/22/10, 8:46 PM   #1
waynesfield
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

25 cars
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Heat winners t mez. M Brecht
.m westphall
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Bmain s brubaker 305 engine
Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: AustinSprinter, awon24, bahawk, FishBurger, wildman92
5/22/10, 11:27 PM   #2
Re: waynesfield
Mudslinger

Any update on the A main yet

5/23/10, 12:24 AM   #3
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Westphall,TMez,L Hall and S Ott.

5/23/10, 2:07 AM   #4
wideopen24

Waynesfield was hammed down, fast, and a bit rough tonight! It made it tricky and fun for a driver... there were a few that could seem to handle the new improved surface!!! Thank you very much waynesfield staff for in my opinion the best race track in years....Praying for the people that got hit in the pits...very scary deal...

5/23/10, 2:15 AM   #5
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Tyler Hewitt's throttle stuck during hot laps of non-wing sprints at WRP. He came off the track basically wide open and tried to stop the car. At the last second he tried to swerve but it was too late. He slammed into the side of a enclosed trailer lifting it off the ground and moving it 5-10 feet away from where it sat. Two victims inside the trailer suffered injuries and were taken by ambulance to the hospital. Tyler was knocked out and after several minutes, was helped out of his totalled vehicle. Tyler was also sent to the hospital on a backboard and with a neck brace on.

I took this off another board and posted it here

5/23/10, 8:00 AM   #6
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen24 View Post
Waynesfield was hammed down, fast, and a bit rough tonight! It made it tricky and fun for a driver... there were a few that could seem to handle the new improved surface!!! Thank you very much waynesfield staff for in my opinion the best race track in years....Praying for the people that got hit in the pits...very scary deal...
It truely is a miracle that nobody got killed in the pits last night. Thank GOD for miracles!!

Last night sure was a test for the drivers. It was time to see who had balls and skill.

Just what non wing sprint car racing, should be about!

Landon: What happened to you in the A? Did you get a flat, and then Conway run over you, or the other way around?

I didn't see it start, I caught it as Conway's car was pointing straight up in the air on the LR...then he shot over the birm, and stut it down.
Last edited by Need For Speed; 5/23/10 at 8:15 AM.

5/23/10, 8:01 AM   #7
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Tyler Hewitt's throttle stuck during hot laps of non-wing sprints at WRP. He came off the track basically wide open and tried to stop the car. At the last second he tried to swerve but it was too late. He slammed into the side of a enclosed trailer lifting it off the ground and moving it 5-10 feet away from where it sat. Two victims inside the trailer suffered injuries and were taken by ambulance to the hospital. Tyler was knocked out and after several minutes, was helped out of his totalled vehicle. Tyler was also sent to the hospital on a backboard and with a neck brace on.

I took this off another board and posted it here
Thoughts and Prayers go out to all involved.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, SprintManDave
5/23/10, 9:24 AM   #8
Stagger

NICE JOB Westfall............................

5/23/10, 1:16 PM   #9
wideopen24

Conaway jumped my Right Rear...ripped off the nerf bar and shredded the tire....I think between the heat and the feature I got hit 10 times!! We had a fast racecar but no luck.... hopefully the race track will stay that good all year, I think we will have something for them in 2 weeks! : ) Landon
Last edited by wideopen24; 5/23/10 at 1:17 PM.

5/24/10, 2:33 AM   #10
SlideJob101

waynesfield is a good track to watch races...it appears the track carrys a few of inexpeienced drivers there though...but its a good track to learn...for as long as OTT has been racing one would think he would be able to controll his car as far as racing goes..its always exciting when its dry hard slick or wet heavy and rough at waynesfield!!!

Keep it up Waynesfield

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > waynesfield