IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would fans be willing to pay more for USAC Sprints if?
5/13/10, 2:54 PM   #11
Re: Would fans be willing to pay more for USAC Sprints if?
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsareforcheaters View Post
This is why I said $25-$30. $30 for Terre Haute, and $28 for reserved at Tri-State. I just always hear talk of how bad the payouts are so I tried to start a contructive thread discussing payouts vs. ticket price.
The outlaws are $30 at TSS, and I would pay $30 to watch USAC at TSS way before I would entertain the idea of paying $30 to watch the outlaws.

5/13/10, 3:05 PM   #12
mikew

Count me in. When I consider the amount I pay for gas and concessions while attending races, $5 more is fairly negligible. I would gladly pay 25 or 30 for a USAC event ticket if I knew it was going straight into the purse and tow money for all comers.

5/13/10, 3:08 PM   #13
wingsareforcheaters

I guess I need to give props to USAC because the purse at the top especially is better than I thought. However, the fact remains, that I want to see higher payouts to help get 1.) Higher Count of Quality Cars 2.) A true national schedule (still focused on Indiana) 3.) Enough Money to make it worth while for drivers like Short, Bland, Fitzpatrick, Gross, Stanbrough, and other quality drivers with quality cars be able to justify towing to Florida, Arizona, California, and Vegas. It would also be nice to not lose racers like Brad Sweet and Chad Boat or at least make it harder for them to try something new.

5/13/10, 3:38 PM   #14
Tripcrwn

I will never pay what the Outlaws charge for a race, but would certainly pay the additional $5 or $10 for USAC and I live in California. Its the best racing in the country. Even willing to pay for the Internet broadcasts if it helps the race teams and goes toward the purse.

5/13/10, 3:39 PM   #15
Sandy Lowe

How about instead of the promoters taking all the risk we keep the ticket prices the same and come up with a way for the fans to make a donation to up the tow money (similar to the Wags Bucks that Ken Wagner collects in California)? Anyone have any ideas on how to implement something like this?

5/13/10, 3:42 PM   #16
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Id add it all between positions 6-12 as typically 15-20 are non finishing cars. It would encourage every spot meaning more.

I want to make a honest observation about. Nobodys still going to make any money unless a driver has a separate car owner and a owner has a good sponsor or lots of sponsors. This is fact.

Free admission for children under ten, You want to grow the sport????? Thats the future, Getting them there is the problem
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/13/10 at 3:56 PM.

5/13/10, 3:45 PM   #17
chrismattlin

Sandy, if a promoter has done a good job, they can draw more than 3,000 people to a USAC race, so the risk is negligable. If they draw 3500, the promoter just added $2500 to the till.

Not that your comments about donating aren't bad, it just takes somebody like Ken Wagner to do it.

Charles, NASCAR Cup teams can't make money without sponsors, so what makes a sprintcar team special?
Last edited by chrismattlin; 5/14/10 at 12:58 PM.

5/13/10, 3:58 PM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

nothin other than the fact theres a lot more sponsorship willing to get into that level.

5/13/10, 4:13 PM   #19
D.O.

NASCAR = TV = Sponsors

5/13/10, 4:24 PM   #20
wingsareforcheaters

Maybe if car owners were better salesmen to bring sponsors in, and usac covered more of the country...but mostly car owners need to sell better. Everytime I used to go Kroger, I would think of Hoffman auto racing...what are car owners looking for per season or per race to be a main sponsor on a usac sprint car?
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would fans be willing to pay more for USAC Sprints if?