IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Midget Week show question
4/21/10, 11:20 PM   #1
LPS Midget Week show question
kylenap@yahoo.com

Will sprints be on hand too?

4/22/10, 11:13 AM   #2
Re: LPS Midget Week show question
bus man

Yes the plan is to run a complete sprint car show.

4/22/10, 12:43 PM   #3
racefan20

i am fairly certian that all shows during midget week will feature sprint cars also. I know USAC will cringe at this statement but its kinda like the old NAMARS 5-crown.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/22/10, 2:28 PM   #4
Dyno Don

As I understand it all tracks are running Midgets & Sprints only.Except Lawerenceburg and they are showing their greedy self by running a third class.

4/22/10, 2:32 PM   #5
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Paragon is running a $3,000 to win sprint show that night, so you could hit IMW at Bloomington on Friday, Paragon on Saturday, and IMW at Kokomo on Sunday (a must see show) and have a lot shorter distance to drive.

4/22/10, 5:00 PM   #6
Sandy Lowe

Dyno Don,

For whatever reason I know Lawrenceburg is not your favorite track. Last year the Burg's Midget Week program was done early. I'm not even sure it was dark when the checkered flag waived in the midget feature.

Going by the time stamps on my lineup programs the sprint feature was finished before 9:56 pm and the mini sprint feature was completed before 10:27 pm. The entire program consisted of qualifications for the midgets, 8 heat races, 1 B Main, and 3 features.

Whichever track you decide to attend on June 19th I hope you have an enjoyable evening.

4 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, dkdorkboy, Jimmydiesel, mowerman
4/23/10, 2:33 PM   #7
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
Dyno Don,

For whatever reason I know Lawrenceburg is not your favorite track. Last year the Burg's Midget Week program was done early. I'm not even sure it was dark when the checkered flag waived in the midget feature.

Going by the time stamps on my lineup programs the sprint feature was finished before 9:56 pm and the mini sprint feature was completed before 10:27 pm. The entire program consisted of qualifications for the midgets, 8 heat races, 1 B Main, and 3 features.

Whichever track you decide to attend on June 19th I hope you have an enjoyable evening.
Why does The 'Burg run three classes for Sprint and Midget week when all the other track run two.

It glows of greed to me. And I do not doubt the show went off as you said, probably got lucky with no reds and very few yellows.

4/23/10, 2:37 PM   #8
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Dyno don stuck in a rut again ---- give it a break ----
i don`t think you could enjoy it if they did only run sprints or midgets
you would still find something to ***** about.

4/23/10, 2:49 PM   #9
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
Why does The 'Burg run three classes for Sprint and Midget week when all the other track run two.

It glows of greed to me. And I do not doubt the show went off as you said, probably got lucky with no reds and very few yellows.
For cryin' out loud, Don. It must really suck to be you! Tim Watson drives down here from Wisconsin and you could hardly sandblast the grin off his face. Pine and his family make multiple trips over here from PA and all they talk about is how lucky we have it here. Koonzee and his family are over here from Ohio just about every week and they are thrilled to be here. And Bob Clauson drives his friggin house over 2000 miles (each way) every year, just to be here. Then you have guys like Shortbus, Bill and SprintManDave, who have went through really tough times with health issues and were out there every week, looking like they thought they were in paradise. And then you have you, a guy who lives right in the center of the state, not a bad drive to any of these tracks, seem to be in good health and still find a way to be unhappy about most of the races you ever go to. I just don't get it.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 4/23/10 at 11:43 PM.

4/23/10, 4:02 PM   #10
USAC Fan

Dyno Don is just the grandstand Don Moore. You don't really need to pay any attention to him.

It's no cooincidence they have the same first name.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Midget Week show question