IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shane Hmiel on Wind Tunnel
4/5/10, 12:50 PM   #11
Re: Shane Hmiel on Wind Tunnel
cmakin

It was a good interview. Covered all the ground that the one he did for Buckley last year, but to a wider audience. I can say that anytime I have had the pleasure to watch him on the track, he has not disappointed.

4/5/10, 1:25 PM   #12
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWMotorsports View Post
Here's the link if you missed the interview last night:

SH Interview - SPEEDTV

We are proud to have Shane as a member of our team! He continually adds his energy and enthusiasm to his talent and passion for racing.
Thanks for posting the link, I did miss the interview last night. Enjoyed getting the chance to see the excellent interview. Wish Shane and your team all the best with his racing in 2010 and the future.

Patti

4/5/10, 2:21 PM   #13
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
Thanks for posting the link, I did miss the interview last night. Enjoyed getting the chance to see the excellent interview. Wish Shane and your team all the best with his racing in 2010 and the future.

Patti
Patti,

Anyone with iTunes can watch or listen to Speed Report or Wind Tunnel whenever they want.

During racing season, and whenever I watch Family Guy with my wife, I just listen to Wind Tunnel the following week at work.

James

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
4/5/10, 5:33 PM   #14
AlkyMadness

Great interview last night. Shane really seems to be on the right path now and the thing that struck me in the interview was his level of personal ease and comfort.

I can remember Shane's early years at Caraway in the late model stocks and wasn't impressed. Like he said on the interview, a lot of stuff got tore up. When he entered the USAC world, I was hesitant, but last year at the Four Crown, I was impressed. And, two weeks ago at Hickory, I was very impressed at how he got up on the wheel and drove to his first National Midget win.

I hope he stays with USAC for quite a while and I hope he gets that shot at the Indy ride if that's what he wants. Just don't bite off too much too soon.

4/5/10, 7:46 PM   #15
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Harrison View Post
Good interview. Shane was honest about his drug issues, and seems like a young man with his priorities in order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruts n guts View Post
i wasn't much of a Shane Hmiel fan, but after the Wind Tunnel interview, I have a lot of respect for the guy owning up to his mistakes. Plus, he's now a rare American that actually has interest in IndyCar racing. I say way to go Shane!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIMHATER View Post
after watching that there is a reason why he has the nick name THE REAL DEAL he is a great person and someone to watch way to go shane i'm really regeting not going to work for you THANKS FUZZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
good interview, and how about the artic cat 3c sprinter on the table,i'm sure ds-dd-mm-rs and ck noticed it
Excellent observations, and, yes, I noticed the Arctic Cat car with Dave's name on it. That was a good looking car.

4/6/10, 10:31 AM   #16

The Bipolar thing deffinatly shed a new light on addiction. Very glad he got his life put back together. Hopefully he can be continue to race for a living.This was a great interview. I do have 1 problem though, why hasn't USAC brought this to the fans long before now. #1 problem i have with USAC today.... WHO ARE THE DRIVERS? I learn more about a usac driver when he pops into Gas City or Lawrenceburge for a regular night show than I learn about all the drivers at a usac show. To be honest with you, before this interview, I thought he was just some guy with money to spend. Went out and bought himself a ride until something else opens up. Man I was way off.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
4/6/10, 11:32 AM   #17
Shawn

I think that Shane's struggles and triumphs have been pretty well documented. The struggles have been very well documented, whether it be on TV, or whatever. Also, it was quite the topic on the this very same message board when he joined USAC.

I'm pretty sure that Shane didn't want a lot of "fan fair" when he came into USAC. He just wanted to race, period. Therefore, I'm not sure how USAC could have done anything different. I'm not sure how you want them to give all of the information that was done in the Wind Tunnel interview, at a race. I just don't think he wanted to be treated differently.

Jackslash did a great interview with him awhile back, like everyone said. I'd suggest you find it and watch it. It's very good.

I wish Shane the best of luck in 2010!

4/6/10, 12:48 PM   #18
spruett

He is the real deal and he wants to race anything anytime anywhere!

The coolest thing about him is he really takes care of the stuff and sweats the small stuff when something breaks or once in a while he bends it but no to often... knock on wood.....

4/6/10, 7:32 PM   #19
outsider

You people make it sound as it's okay to look up on breaking the rules in NASCAR three times and the law on multiple occassions becasue someone has a mental disorder.

He broke the rules, end of story. He used drugs, end of story. He raced while he was high, end of story. He is not someone I ever want my kid saying he wants to be like. If my kid ever said that then I have failed as a parent.

4/6/10, 7:47 PM   #20
racer-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider View Post
You people make it sound as it's okay to look up on breaking the rules in NASCAR three times and the law on multiple occassions becasue someone has a mental disorder.

He broke the rules, end of story. He used drugs, end of story. He raced while he was high, end of story. He is not someone I ever want my kid saying he wants to be like. If my kid ever said that then I have failed as a parent.
Outsider? Good name for ya! I dont want you or your kid sitting next to me when i am watching Shane at a sprint car race! Go get em Shane!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shane Hmiel on Wind Tunnel