IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Update????
4/2/10, 11:12 PM   #71
Re: Eldora Update????
racephoto1

Yeah, it wasn't always rosy under Earl, but under Tony I can't remember seeing a rose.

4/2/10, 11:12 PM   #72
cshuman

I heard a "rumor" from the track that the grandstand tickets will be refunded, but not the pit passes.. That may keep a few cars there for tomorrow..

4/2/10, 11:15 PM   #73
SprintManDave

If Twin Cities is as bad tomorrow as it was the last race,it will also be a dust bowl.

4/2/10, 11:15 PM   #74
Re: KOKOMO LOOKS BETTER ALL THE TIME
speed bump

::

4/2/10, 11:18 PM   #75
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

ADVERSE TRACK CONDITIONS FORCE ELDORA CANCELLATION

Rossburg, Ohio.......Adverse track conditions forced cancellation of Friday night's "Coca-Cola Spring Classic" USAC AMSOIL National Sprint car race at the Eldora Speedway despite extensive and lengthy track preparation efforts. Saturday night's "Coca Cola Spring Classic" USAC race remains on the schedule.

"In the interest of driver and fan safety, we decided to cancel tonight's events," said Eldora Speedway track director Larry Boos."

Practice sessions were conducted but track conditions did not improve and it became evident that racing could not be conducted safely. "We regret the cancellation of tonight's program," said USAC Competition Director Jason McCord, "but feel it was the best decision for all involved. We are dedicated to working with Eldora Speedway and their staff to be able to conduct events on Saturday and beyond and we thank them for their tireless efforts."

Saturday’s program gets under way with practice at 6 pm and racing at 7:30.

4/2/10, 11:25 PM   #76
fishnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post

Rossburg, Ohio.......Adverse track conditions forced cancellation of Friday night's "Coca-Cola Spring Classic" USAC AMSOIL National Sprint car race at the Eldora Speedway despite extensive and lengthy track preparation efforts. Saturday night's "Coca Cola Spring Classic" USAC race remains on the schedule.

"In the interest of driver and fan safety, we decided to cancel tonight's events," said Eldora Speedway track director Larry Boos."

Practice sessions were conducted but track conditions did not improve and it became evident that racing could not be conducted safely. "We regret the cancellation of tonight's program," said USAC Competition Director Jason McCord, "but feel it was the best decision for all involved. We are dedicated to working with Eldora Speedway and their staff to be able to conduct events on Saturday and beyond and we thank them for their tireless efforts."

Saturday’s program gets under way with practice at 6 pm and racing at 7:30.
A politically correct response which otherwise translated means "We F***ED UP!!!

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Need For Speed, SprintManDave, SUPERDUKE
4/2/10, 11:32 PM   #77
EldoraMark

Just got back from the dust bowl

Been going there for more than 40 years and yes I have seen dust their before. This time it went to a new all time dust high. You had to be there to believe it. Larry told me last night he did not think the track would be any good so you have to give him credit on being right.

I need to change my name.

Maybe ColdwaterMark!!

1 member likes this post: tamati
4/2/10, 11:45 PM   #78
ScottLimbert

Yea so I just got home from USED to be my favorite place to go see a race at. That being said it will be a long time before I go back. That was the worst excuse for a track I have ever seen and I can't see 24 hours making any difference and as far as the rumor or refunds not happening so that is about 80 dollars and 5 hours of my life I'll never get back

and this was from BEFORE the rework
Last edited by ScottLimbert; 4/3/10 at 12:03 AM. Reason: adding photo

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
4/2/10, 11:52 PM   #79
speed bump

The last four years that we went to eldora, we came home
mad and said we were never going back.
Tonight was our final night. Everything`s nice except
what the people pay to see---good racing.
There are too many good track`s such as gas city,
kokomo, larenceburg putnamville, bloomington, to put up
with the non caring people at the big e .

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
4/2/10, 11:52 PM   #80
sceckert

"...extensive and lengthy track preparation..."

Hmmmm....Perhaps we need an outside ruling on just what qualifies as "extensive" and "lengthy". If this was a week's worth of tireless efforts, then they simply do not have the proper type of dirt on that facility. If it was hurried and last-minute, well....that's something else again.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Update????