IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paul Hazen interview
3/3/10, 10:03 AM   #1
Paul Hazen interview
bullringko

As many of you know by now, I've spent the last several winters interviewing various racing personalities who have been around the sport for a few years and can tell a story or two.

Since November, I've been working on a Q&A with legendary Indiana sprint car owner Paul Hazen, who of course has been racing since 1957 and specifically with a sprint car since 1968.

So after gathering enough stats and questions, I headed up to Columbia City the day after New Years, nearly crashing my car on an icy I-69 just to spend an afternoon with a true legend. Six hours later, I had a digital recorder full of answers to my list of 140 questions.

Through the help of countless individuals, I was able to gather even more stories and some priceless photos. Special thank yous are extended to Paul Hazen (of course), Kevin Eckert, Tony Elliott, Tony's mom Sue, Kim Baney, Tony Ploughe, Roger Brandon, Kevin Lindley, Derek Fisher, Dave Merritt, Jim Fisher, John Mahoney, Dave Gansert, Randy Jones, and D.O. Laycock for assisting in this project.

Here is the link: http://www.hoseheads.com/ko5.html.

Enjoy!
Kevin Oldham

3/3/10, 11:26 AM   #2
Re: Paul Hazen interview
john3g

Outstanding!!! Great read!!! I'm not sure of the requirements to get into the Sprint Car Hall Of Fame in Knoxville but here is a guy that should be inducted!!!

3/3/10, 3:54 PM   #3
D.O.

AWESOME !!!!!!

Who & When is next?

Great Stuff !

3/3/10, 6:32 PM   #4
Danny Burton

It's supper time and my tailbone is killin' me, but I couldn't stop reading. :2:

Once Paul gets warmed up, he turns out to be a great interview.

I'll finish this after supper.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

3/4/10, 12:42 AM   #5
Blackduce

Haven't read the article yet. But I want to say. When I am at the track with my race car working with sweat, heat and dirt. I look over and see Paul Hazen working on his car. He gives me energy. I love him!

Lynn

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paul Hazen interview