IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Engine Rules
10/21/09, 10:57 PM   #11
Re: Chili Bowl Engine Rules
MyPerformancePlus.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintshoe91 View Post
I wonder if anyone will be entering one of the new ASCS EcoTec powered machines?
I do believe there will be a decent group of them .

1/16/10, 8:27 PM   #12
Wing H8a

Bump.
Kiwi engine designer Simon Longdill got clarification from either Lanny or Emmitt (sp) & got the green light to bring their engines up there.

I hope the engines can be appreciated for what they are , a marvel of technology. Its not their fault they were allowd to race, all the whingers should direct their complaints to the Chili Bowl promotion, not the Kiwis!

If they win or doreally well I'm sure no one will never be allowed to run that type of motor.

1/16/10, 10:02 PM   #13
aXe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing H8a View Post
Bump.
Kiwi engine designer Simon Longdill got clarification from either Lanny or Emmitt (sp) & got the green light to bring their engines up there.

I hope the engines can be appreciated for what they are , a marvel of technology. Its not their fault they were allowd to race, all the whingers should direct their complaints to the Chili Bowl promotion, not the Kiwis!

If they win or do really well I'm sure no one will never be allowed to run that type of motor.
Well, luck good engines, Good cars, good drivers or combination of all those or?, They both made the sat main event on their first try their first night in there..
Those engines are based on Kawasaki motorcycle cyl head set up, They build there own stuff from there down, kinda like those guys from texas. I think the guys from texas started out with less than 90cui?
Chevy Ecotecs? the entry lists several as just Chevy engines? not sure if any are Ecotec.
I dont see why they would be outlawed ? They meet the rules, There arent any!! I think
aXe

1/16/10, 11:18 PM   #14
racephoto1

Old school stuff with those V-8's . Some guy named Kenyon did some years ago.

1/16/10, 11:46 PM   #15
aXe

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
Old school stuff with those V-8's . Some guy named Kenyon did some years ago.
I think Mels were the whole Kawa engine? these are self built whole bottom ends complete.
aXe

1/16/10, 11:51 PM   #16
darnall

No revolution ecotechs were allowed..don't know why....

The ecotech shootout winner was going to be allowed but he already had a chilibowl ride.

Thought the ECU thing may have been the reason they can't run but don't those Kiwi V-8s have a similar brain box/fuel management setup??

I bet Emmet didn't want to have the ecotechs run in front of all those people heads up against the big motors this early in the development. Many guys with not much midget experience in motors lacking 120HP...may have cast a bad public image on the new ASCS midget series if none of the ecotechs ran worth a darn....

Just grabbing for straws here...really don't understand why they weren't allowed.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aXe View Post
I think Mels were the whole Kawa engine? these are self built whole bottom ends complete.
aXe
Mels were 2 bike motors mated on one crankshaft..custom bottom end there too I believe.

1/17/10, 12:14 AM   #17
aXe

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnall View Post
No revolution ecotechs were allowed..don't know why....

The ecotech shootout winner was going to be allowed but he already had a chilibowl ride.

Thought the ECU thing may have been the reason they can't run but don't those Kiwi V-8s have a similar brain box/fuel management setup??

I bet Emmet didn't want to have the ecotechs run in front of all those people heads up against the big motors this early in the development. Many guys with not much midget experience in motors lacking 120HP...may have cast a bad public image on the new ASCS midget series if none of the ecotechs ran worth a darn....

Just grabbing for straws here...really don't understand why they weren't allowed.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Mels were 2 bike motors mated on one crankshaft..custom bottom end there too I believe.
That was so long ago I forgot about that . you are right.
aXe

1/17/10, 3:42 AM   #18
Hawker

One should remember that the Barns engines in Bondio's cars have less HP than most engines in the "A" and smaller CID. But something about the torque curve of those engines really suit that track well.

Here is the Kenyon Sesco Suzuki V8...

Now if I were going to bring a "V8" to the Chili Bowl, I think I would have to seriously look at the Hartley Enterprises H1V8... It is based of the Hayabusa, the baddest bike engine out there. This V8 is 170 cubes and pumps out 400hp @ 10,000 rpm... See more specs, pics and video here http://www.h1v8.com

Last edited by Hawker; 1/17/10 at 3:44 AM. Reason: double post

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Engine Rules