IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather
12/28/09, 10:24 PM   #91
Re: Weather
IndyBound

Winter returned to Oswego today, woke up to a freash blanket of light fluffy snow all over everything. Another foot of snow is forecast for the next 24 hours and a high of 24 degrees on Tuesday with a wind chill of minus 15 to 20. Sounds like a good day to stay inside!

Patti

12/30/09, 8:18 AM   #92
illiNOISE

It's snowing here again, but lucky me, I'm on my last day of vacation, so I don't have to drive to work in it.

12/30/09, 10:49 AM   #93
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Waiting on another "dusting" of snow here in Central Indiana. We seem to be in a pattern of getting this "dusting" every other day or so.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

12/30/09, 11:05 AM   #94
Lucky161

A little delayed on Xmas weather report, but we actually had a White Christmas this year. Just barely, but enough that we had a 5' snowman in the front yard on Christmas Day and my 3.5 yo nephew ate his first snow. White Christmas's are rare here, but like most of our other snows, it was gone the next day. Yesterday it snowed from about noon until midnight. I was expecting to have to defrost my windows this morning, but at 5am it was 37 and all the snow was gone. First race is in Feb and my brother got me some insulated coveralls for Xmas that should be perfect for that weekend. Life is good!

12/30/09, 12:27 PM   #95
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky161 View Post
Just barely, but enough that we had a 5' snowman in the front yard on Christmas Day and my 3.5 yo nephew ate his first snow. !

Hope it wasnt yellow snow!

Heheheh

1/1/10, 8:28 AM   #96
illiNOISE

-1 chill factor here right now, with a 30% chance of snow this afternoon. That might not seem too cold for those of you up north, but it's rather chilly for the St. Louis-area.
Last edited by illiNOISE; 1/1/10 at 8:30 AM.

1/1/10, 10:36 AM   #97
Tim Watson

We had a "Indiana blizzard" here to clean up on Thursday morning. 1-2" of dust so the shovels handled it and the snowblower got another day off. I don't see much snow coming my way in the next week but we are looking at high temps around 12-15 degrees for the next 7 days.

1/2/10, 8:24 AM   #98
illiNOISE

-9 wind chill here right now.

1/2/10, 7:58 PM   #99
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
-9 wind chill here right now.
It was -17 when I got up today & made it all the way up to -2 with a -15 windchill.
They're predicting a calm -20 for tonight & +3 with a -20 windchill for tomorrow.

1/2/10, 8:09 PM   #100
badgerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprntr View Post
It was -17 when I got up today & made it all the way up to -2 with a -15 windchill.
They're predicting a calm -20 for tonight & +3 with a -20 windchill for tomorrow.
Yeah, but its a dry cold eh? 9 below this morning--I'm getting too old for this stuff.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather