IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Penske Shocks rebuild
12/13/09, 6:44 PM   #1
Penske Shocks rebuild
maxrace7

Where is the best place to get Penske Shocks rebuilt? A phone number or any other contact info would also be appreciated.

12/13/09, 7:02 PM   #2
Re: Penske Shocks rebuild
midget31

I highly suggest Garrett @ Competition Suspension - (317) 858-8775
or
Bernie @ Indy Race Parts - (317) 244-9437

12/13/09, 10:04 PM   #3
Robert Ballou

I would most definitely go to indy race parts. He has one of the most respected names in racing and is one of the best shock guys in the country.... 317-244-9437

Robert Ballou

12/14/09, 3:25 AM   #4
sprint28

Ya Bernie is a real nice guy and will hook you up for sure at IRP!
Posted via Mobile Device

12/14/09, 11:34 AM   #5
TEA

Hey maxrace7!! I want to make sure you go to the BEST place for a Penske Shock rebuild and that place is Competition Suspension Inc.: Garrett Andrews 317-858-8775! Here is why you should stay away from Indy Race Parts and Bernie. In 2008 I became a first year regional sprint car owner and when I took my shocks to Bernie, as he was where people sent me when i asked, he claimed to have dynoed them but didn't, told me my shocks were junk but they were not! Long story short hundreds of dollars spent and nothing to show for from Bernie! Then I found Garrett and CSI honestly I have not found a more honest person, he sees a racer in front of him and not a checkbook, and I can't say that about Indy Race Parts!! I want to make clear I have no association with Garrett and CSI except as a very satisfied customer I just didn't want to see another racer get taken advantage of!! Hope this helps!!!

12/14/09, 1:06 PM   #6
berks co

My friend John Willman rebuilds them for many teams here in Pa. Information can be gotten from John Call him at 610 462- 0857

12/14/09, 2:40 PM   #7
Robert Ballou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEA View Post
Hey maxrace7!! I want to make sure you go to the BEST place for a Penske Shock rebuild and that place is Competition Suspension Inc.: Garrett Andrews 317-858-8775! Here is why you should stay away from Indy Race Parts and Bernie. In 2008 I became a first year regional sprint car owner and when I took my shocks to Bernie, as he was where people sent me when i asked, he claimed to have dynoed them but didn't, told me my shocks were junk but they were not! Long story short hundreds of dollars spent and nothing to show for from Bernie! Then I found Garrett and CSI honestly I have not found a more honest person, he sees a racer in front of him and not a checkbook, and I can't say that about Indy Race Parts!! I want to make clear I have no association with Garrett and CSI except as a very satisfied customer I just didn't want to see another racer get taken advantage of!! Hope this helps!!!
hey TEA
just wanted to tell you Bernie wouldn't take advantage on anyone he is the only guy in the business that will let you buy stuff now and pay later if you don't have the money @ the moment and talk is cheap so why don't you show us your name....I'm sure if you feel Bernie did you wrong he would gladly talk to you and make things right because that the kind of guy he is so lets just come out of our tea bag and let us know who you are...

by the way my name is Robert Ballou and if you would like to talk to me pm me and we can gladly chat!

Sincerely

2 members like this post: mowerman, Tripp22
12/14/09, 6:58 PM   #8
Tripp22

Bernie has always treated us right. And always seem to have what you need.
Otie Tripplett

12/15/09, 3:10 PM   #9
sprinterfan

TEA

I also had Bernie (Indy Race Parts) refresh my Penske shocks about 2 years ago. When Bernie received them the left rear was a 3-9 tie down. Bernie told me they were dynoed and ready to go. The minute I received them back I knew the left rear wasn't right. But giving Bernie the benefit of the doubt I ran them. After just about dumping my car several times due to shock malfuntion, I had Benic dyno them. Where I was told that left rear shock was at the most a 6 tie down. I would never recommend Indy Race Parts for shock work.

12/15/09, 3:26 PM   #10
usac1957

Bernie At Indy Race Parts the best at building shocks-And in all my years racing, i have never heard anything but good about him

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Penske Shocks rebuild