IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Morgan county speedway jacksonville il
12/4/09, 9:21 PM   #1
Morgan county speedway jacksonville il
22crew

Just heard today that billy and kim west are not running the race track in 2010. It is going to be a guy that race a sprint car there a few years ago and is from jville. His name is bobby hawks. Just want to say best of luck to him, and look forward to a change.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
12/4/09, 9:38 PM   #2
Re: Morgan county speedway jacksonville il
SpfldMile

I wish Bobby all the luck in the world. The weather was terrible for the West's the last two years. I feel bad for them. Bobby Hawks was a decent driver, I hope he is a great promoter.

12/5/09, 10:15 AM   #3
Haulerin2deep

Welcome back winged sprints...... I would be very surprised if he had any MSCS shows either. He is a good guy but sucks for non wing guys.

12/5/09, 10:38 AM   #4
SpfldMile

Yeah, I know he is a wing guy, and I'd rather see you guys without the wing too. It is a business, though, and I'd rather see it thrive with wings than than turn into a late model track, or close altogether. Hopefully there will be some non wing shows sprinkled in. Powri has been there alot, and that is always a good show. I hope that continues.

1 member likes this post: billwill7
12/5/09, 12:05 PM   #5
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haulerin2deep View Post
Welcome back winged sprints...... I would be very surprised if he had any MSCS shows either. He is a good guy but sucks for non wing guys.
Speaking for a moment more as a fan than as a Morgan County official, I prefer my sprints without wings. That said, I also know that, excluding our MSCS and SCORA non-wing shows, we only averaged 14 NW sprints in '09. (one night we only had 12) I feel sorry for the nw guys, but going back to wings seems like a good business move.

12/5/09, 12:27 PM   #6
22crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
Speaking for a moment more as a fan than as a Morgan County official, I prefer my sprints without wings. That said, I also know that, excluding our MSCS and SCORA non-wing shows, we only averaged 14 NW sprints in '09. (one night we only had 12) I feel sorry for the nw guys, but going back to wings seems like a good business move.
Thats why he should run wings. He knows a lot more wing pepole. Would like to see him run the MSCS. Just what I think, and I like the wings better myself.

12/5/09, 12:34 PM   #7
winged and non-winged

I wonder if he expects all of the racers to sell their non wing cars and purchase a new winged car? As I recall from 3 years ago, the track struggled to get 14 winged cars on a weekly basis. Just my observations, and opinion? I hope it works out for Hawks and the Speedway, because it is better to have any type of racing than no racing!

12/5/09, 2:02 PM   #8
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged and non-winged View Post
I wonder if he expects all of the racers to sell their non wing cars and purchase a new winged car?
Why does this have to be a mutually exclusive type of deal? We've had a number of drivers run with us both winged and non-winged. (Korey Weyant, Wade Seiler, Matt Harms, Jimmie Davies, etc.)

12/5/09, 3:04 PM   #9
progressive22

The Wests are out and thats a great start to getting this track to the way it was several years ago! Bobby Hawks is a great people person and has a successful business in Jacksonville. When the promoter badgers, blames and confronts people about stuff they hear or see on the internet with no proof this stuff gets back to the right people and guess what happens? Hows it feel to get the BOOT!:2:

12/5/09, 5:31 PM   #10
Jack Dupp

Quote:
I hope it works out for Hawks and the Speedway, because it is better to have any type of racing than no racing!
Amen brother!

We would rather race non wing. However, this ain't Indiana. We are in the heart of late model country. We will support a local track that runs either flavor of sprint car. The Jacksonville fans are great and have always supported sprint cars. The sprint car drivers all raced hard and clean. We will lose some of the guys with non wing chassis. That sucks.

I have five friends who hung up their driving suits and became race track promoters. All five emphatically agree that promoting is much harder and more frustrating than racing. I begrudge no promoter.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Morgan county speedway jacksonville il