IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Sprints and Midgets Friday, Oct. 16
10/12/09, 10:47 PM   #11
Re: Kokomo Sprints and Midgets Friday, Oct. 16
navyjeff

Hey Race fans, the Kokomo Klash car count has far exceeded my expectations for two years running now, especially with the view of race cars parked outside main grandstand, because the pits were full to the brim. I believe it will be huge again, no matter what L-burg does. Just gotta pray for good weather, spose to hit southern part of state. It will be an awesome show..both nights!! Plus....I believe the best two 1/4mi dirt tracks in indiana are Kokomo and Gas City... and the features have been AWESOME at Kokomo this year!

10/12/09, 10:56 PM   #12
hoosierfan

If the klash is good as the rest of the season at kokomo it will be a great end to the season. The midgets have been amazing to watch there this year as well the two times they have been there. Can't wait for friday been looking forward to it for about a month now.
Posted via Mobile Device

10/12/09, 11:28 PM   #13
purvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I know it's only Monday but how's the weather looking for Friday? Any guesses on car counts for sprints and midgets? My Dad is thinking about coming, i might consider it to but i don't know if i can get off of work on Friday.
Friday Night, Oct 16
Low: 35 °F RealFeel®: 25 °F
Partly cloudy and cold
http://www.accuweather.com/us/in/kok...ner=netweather

I am not connected with the concession stand but I am pretty sure it will be well stocked with hot chocalate and hot coffee. I would still say to dress warm, unfortunately for me there is no heater in the tower just an air conditioner.

10/13/09, 12:45 AM   #14
jdull99

Any tow money for those that may have issues and not make the feature?

10/13/09, 7:28 AM   #15
DbSr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I know it's only Monday but how's the weather looking for Friday? Any guesses on car counts for sprints and midgets? My Dad is thinking about coming, i might consider it to but i don't know if i can get off of work on Friday.
Tim you might want to consider calling in with this little known affliction called KoMidSprintitis...My wife and i caught it 3 years ago during midget week ...And as far as the weather goes, hell man isn't 35 degrees at night summer time temps up there in the north woods :2:

We'll be there Friday

10/13/09, 9:15 AM   #16
duel

should be a good sprint count (35?) if they get 20 midgets that would be great. i just hope they stick with friday cause i can't make it on sunday.

10/13/09, 4:21 PM   #17
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbSr View Post
Tim you might want to consider calling in with this little known affliction called KoMidSprintitis...My wife and i caught it 3 years ago during midget week ...And as far as the weather goes, hell man isn't 35 degrees at night summer time temps up there in the north woods :2:

We'll be there Friday
That sickness you caught at midget week sounds nasty! I guess 35 degrees isn't bad considering the "lack of summer" we had in Wisconsin this year. Any threat of rain at all for Friday?

10/13/09, 7:08 PM   #18
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Right now 20 or 30% depending on what forecast you watch

10/13/09, 7:59 PM   #19
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
Right now 20 or 30% depending on what forecast you watch
My MSN weather page says 40% but anything less than 50% is no big deal. I will talk to my Dad and see if he is up for a road trip?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Sprints and Midgets Friday, Oct. 16