IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More nascar crap
10/7/09, 3:18 PM   #11
Re: More nascar crap
Onlydirt

Get rid of the "CHASE" and the top 35 locked in crap. Then the phantom debris yellows and so on. Better yet get rid of NAPCAR!

10/7/09, 4:59 PM   #12
cantc4mud

Would much rather watch a D.O. Video!!! Nascrap has kill'ed the thrill for me...

10/7/09, 6:32 PM   #13
Stagger

I can actually say I might have seen around 100 laps total all year. I too am amazed anybody watches that junk.

10/7/09, 8:27 PM   #14
oldtimer

Unlimited engine size,10 inch wide tires,NO spoilers.Race distance, 10 laps short of the second fuel stop.Top 43 qualifiers start, the rest GO HOME! NO Fuel MILEAGE RACING, NO PROVINIAL STARTERS. The guy with the BIGGEST
PAIR Wins!!!

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
10/8/09, 8:21 AM   #15
racephoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
The year Alan Kulwicki(sp?) won the championship going into the last race the points were very close between Alan, Davey Allison and Bill Elliott. During the drivers meeting the rest of them were told that if they took out one of the 3 "they'd better track down the other 2 and take them out as well".
LOL! Now you're trying to confuse everyone with FACTS! I love it!

Actually, I often wonder why so many people who berate NASCAR and claim they NEVER "waste" their time watching the races will "waste" their time posting comments about the series. Sounds like a bit of a contradiction to me.

10/8/09, 9:13 AM   #16
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto View Post
LOL! Now you're trying to confuse everyone with FACTS! I love it!

Actually, I often wonder why so many people who berate NASCAR and claim they NEVER "waste" their time watching the races will "waste" their time posting comments about the series. Sounds like a bit of a contradiction to me.
Speaking only for me, I remember what NASCAR use to be and was an avid fan of NASCAR of the 80's and early to mid 90's. I saw what it was becoming back as early as 95 when the manufacturers would whine about this advantage X brand had and X brand would whine about Y brands aero advantage and it just got to be a bunch of whining all around that turned me off. When NASCAR started giving a 1/4 inch more spoiler to this brand and a lower air dam (front spoiler) to that brand it just took away the fun. Build the car's bodies as they are on the road and leave it at that. If it doesn't work on the track then call up Detroit and talk with them about it. Now the COT (Car of Tomarrow or Crap on Tires) is nothing more than a spec car with decals on it as to what "brand it is". NASCAR overlooked on track actions that were obviously not correct such as driving backwards on the track twice under caution, refusing to take a ride in an ambulance after a barrell rolling accident, aggressive driving, cheating, rules infractions and it just made me lose interest. I knew of the Atlanta 92 in race rules, hell they were talked about during the broadcast. That's why I have often said NASCAR isn't real. Racers are racers and will race others. Now if they do it in a manner that obviously takes someone out then fine the drivers who wreck others and leave it at that but NASCAR won't becasue that will piss off a sponsor (mush like the aero rules changes of years before). If a car does poorly by the driver getting fined or the car not running up front NASCAR loses sponsors.

NASCAR has lost it's cedibility with this chase format. Thanfully USAC and others don't do that. It's just funny to see what once was the best form of motorsports in AMerica has become a 180 mph soap opera.

10/8/09, 4:00 PM   #17
ryoung99

Race Count This Year: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post
Now the COT (Car of Tomarrow or Crap on Tires) is nothing more than a spec car with decals on it as to what "brand it is".
You are correct, unlike Dirt Late Models and Sprint Cars where you can tell right away what brand they are.....

Almost all racing is now spec racing. That is a fact, I challenge you to tell me one "open" type of racing... it does not exist. What exists is different levels of specs.

I am curious, how does the complaining by the manufacturers compare to what goes on with Midget engines..... one manufaturer makes their turn more RPM's then the next wants CI increased for their engine to make it competitive..... same deal.

10/8/09, 6:26 PM   #18
jim goerge

I have found out it helps me sleep after getting home late from real racing the night before

10/8/09, 6:32 PM   #19
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoung99 View Post
You are correct, unlike Dirt Late Models and Sprint Cars where you can tell right away what brand they are.....

Almost all racing is now spec racing. That is a fact, I challenge you to tell me one "open" type of racing... it does not exist. What exists is different levels of specs.

I am curious, how does the complaining by the manufacturers compare to what goes on with Midget engines..... one manufaturer makes their turn more RPM's then the next wants CI increased for their engine to make it competitive..... same deal.
In a nascar thread you jump to dirt late models and sprint cars Not sure what that has to do with anything but if it makes you happy, then go with it.

10/8/09, 8:03 PM   #20
Lucky161

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoung99 View Post

Don't forget those modifieds.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More nascar crap