IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!
10/6/09, 4:25 PM   #101
Re: cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!
Rpracing1

I just wanted to be reply #100..........Thanks!

Dangit , I am 101...............

10/6/09, 4:33 PM   #102
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I just wanted to be reply #100..........Thanks!

Dangit , I am 101...............
Any relation to Tom Pfender? I knew of Tom from doing business with Creative Craftsmen years ago which I believe was located in Evansville IIRC.

10/6/09, 4:43 PM   #103
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Any relation to Tom Pfender? I knew of Tom from doing business with Creative Craftsmen years ago which I believe was located in Evansville IIRC.
Second cousin I believe. I have heard of Creative Press, but never heard of Creative Craftsman?

10/6/09, 4:46 PM   #104
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Second cousin I believe. I have heard of Creative Press, but never heard of Creative Craftsman?
http://www.creativecraftsmen.net/

10/6/09, 4:52 PM   #105
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Wow.......within 2 miles of my house and I have never seen or heard of them.

10/6/09, 5:16 PM   #106
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
I sometimes think that Don Moore's posts are annoying or unfounded; this post however makes me think he's a racer...

also, I'm probably the only person in the world who likes the draw. I think its intresting and fair.
I like the draw as well. Qualifying bores me. I usually used it as a trip to the concession stand.

10/6/09, 6:21 PM   #107
midgetmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
So its fair when the track develops a rut in the grove to where cars get junked when they hit that rut, or the driver has to run out of the groove not to get junked Thus slowing them down by half a secon?. Your lottery opinion is the same with qualifying when you have large fields of cars.

I really wish drivers would quit supporting series that allow you start on the pole of the feature after you transfer thru the b-main. O wait local racers are.
You wouldn't be talking about the mighty USAC would you That is what burns me up about them. Absolutely no emphasis on heats. Blow them off , start in the front of the B win it and get your qualifying time back and start in front again. I say you only get your time back if you transfer through your heat. If you run the B you start in the back.

10/6/09, 7:07 PM   #108
DonMoore10

The most important person at a race is the FAN!!!!! Without the FAN, you have nothing. Without RACE FANS, there would be no races unless everybody pays to race and there is no return. Now, a very interesting observation regarding those who have posted in this thread and have supported the actions of the two teams that vacated the track after the practice/pill draw: VERY FEW MENTION ANYTHING TO DO WHATSOEVER WITH THE RACE FAN. It's all about this driver, a business decision, a race team and people dreaming up all kinds of scenarios to make this deal sound politically correct. This is the almighty ME society coming through loud and clear with no respect for the RACE FAN.

I will say one thing as an owner that HIRES drivers to race: Not in my wildest dreams would I ever, ever, ever suggest to a hired driver who has come to the track to race one of my cars that we load up after having presented ourselves to the public at a race track. Whe you come to a race track... deal with it.

I have been fortunate to have some of the best midget drivers in the business drive my cars and I cannot envision any of them suggesting that we load up and go home. If you show up at the track and present yourself to the public as part of the entertainment, IMO, you have an obligation to complete your part as an entertainer and deal with the circumstances that are presented to you.

10/6/09, 7:18 PM   #109
cshuman

Anyone watched a USAC sprint week heat race lately?? qualifying good and starting row 4 with a stacked heat is a pretty touch assignment, so as a driver, its nice to be rewarded in the B for a good qualifying effort. I know everyone sitting in the stands would love to see Jones, Stanbrough, Darland, Coons, etc all start 20th thru 24th to put on a show, I would too, but from a drivers side, it is nice to be rewarded for laying down a good lap. Just like it SHOULD be rewarded for a 8th to 3rd run in a heat race with the draw format. I am all for qualifying, but if we draw the Sprint Bandit format is hands down the best. Going to Bloomington with 70 plus cars, and drawing inside row 6 for a heat, and taking 2!!Makes it fun for the fans, not so much for the drivers. There are going to be alot of winning drivers going home because of a bad draw, and guys make the show that probly shouldnt..

7 members like this post: bandres21, Eagle14, FishBurger, Panama, Pat O'Connor Fan, racefan20
10/6/09, 7:18 PM   #110
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
The most important person at a race is the FAN!!!!! Without the FAN, you have nothing. Without RACE FANS, there would be no races unless everybody pays to race and there is no return. Now, a very interesting observation regarding those who have posted in this thread and have supported the actions of the two teams that vacated the track after the practice/pill draw: VERY FEW MENTION ANYTHING TO DO WHATSOEVER WITH THE RACE FAN. It's all about this driver, a business decision, a race team and people dreaming up all kinds of scenarios to make this deal sound politically correct. This is the almighty ME society coming through loud and clear with no respect for the RACE FAN.

I will say one thing as an owner that HIRES drivers to race: Not in my wildest dreams would I ever, ever, ever suggest to a hired driver who has come to the track to race one of my cars that we load up after having presented ourselves to the public at a race track. Whe you come to a race track... deal with it.

I have been fortunate to have some of the best midget drivers in the business drive my cars and I cannot envision any of them suggesting that we load up and go home. If you show up at the track and present yourself to the public as part of the entertainment, IMO, you have an obligation to complete your part as an entertainer and deal with the circumstances that are presented to you.
Don, I have went round and round with posters over this same issue on trackforum. They seem to think the fans are of no importance to a race. They think races will go one as normal with NO FANS. Now I have tried for weeks to wrap my mind around that and just simply can't do it. The fans are the people those names on the sides of the hoods, the signage and the programs are trying to get interested in their products. Without the fans, those names will not buy space on hoods, in the programs or be on the signage at the track. Without them the purse will not be worth racing for (if they even have an event). But still people think it absolutely all about the drivers and the car owners.

Now I am in no means ripping on team owners or drivers. If you have a doubt about how the evening will play out then don't go to the track.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!