IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Message from Pruett Family
10/7/07, 1:15 PM   #1
Message from Pruett Family
nascarbiz

First of all I want to thank everyone for the messages, cards and calls to us about Alex. It has been moving and inspirational in this time of extreme emotional difficulty. Your comments , pictures, stories and love for Alex has come through to us and made this journey more tolerable than I thought possible. As a community all of you shine as beautiful beams of light in my eyes forever.

Alex had a passion for helping gain exposure for young drivers especially midget drivers through his TV Show and we will continue his segment in that spirit. On his last trip to Charlotte he had a chance to interview the grand kids of Richard Childress and Dale Earhardt who are racers... He said no way!! That is not what my show is about! he wanted to interview guys that made their chances on their own so he interviewed Josh Wise and schedule interviews with Bobby Santos, Billy Wease, Bryan Clauson and Landon Kassill and Kelly Bires. He believed that these guys stood for his 3WL segment named " Big Time or Bust" and they lived the "Three Wide Life"

Bob East, Jim and Matt "Rieder" Riemenschnieder for the season of Alex's life.

Whoever started the facebook page I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Stacie who sent me pictures of the PRA race in the Tecate Car... Alex once attended an all Mexican High School in California as well as loved Mexico. Driving that car was one of the the high points of his life and those pics showed he was having a blast.

USAC, All of you have been so kind ..

Pastor George for coming to the service and speaking and bringing pictures meant a lot to all of us. Bill Marvell for sharing his thoughts.

Rob Klepper and Racefan Radio friends

UMARA for your kindness

Fellow racers your calls and visits have meant a lot to us.

Fans and Friends all have been so comforting.

The Cards and emails so many and still coming thank you again and again. There have been so many thoughtful things If I failed to mention them here they are not forgotten just that I ran out of emotional control of being able to hold on to get this written

we will be around racing and look forward to seeing all of you when we do show up again. I think you will see that beautiful # 56 as Pat Sullivan and Rob Klepper would say on the PA... back on the track just the way it left it Pristine and FAST.

Sincerely Steven and Paula Pruett

10/7/07, 8:05 PM   #2
Re: Message from Pruett Family
psullivan

Thanks for sharing Alex with us - he really was a beautiful kid

I helped arrange a trip for 3WL to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway where we taped a session with Speedway historian Donald Davidson - I told Donald "look, I think you're going to love this guy". While we were there he saw a couple of pictures of Duke Nalon in a unique uniform and we also talked about Johnnie Parsons (1950 winner) and how they really had a lot of style. Alex wanted Hinchman to do a throwback uniform for him.

Donald called me Thursday and I said - isn't it horrible about Alex - he didn't know. He reacted just like I did - he said "wow - I'm pretty hardened being around racing for so long but you got me there". That is just how I felt. No only have I faced losses in racing - I have been on the PA when we have lost drivers - and it is tough. But my resolve and love for the sport never wavered. It still hasn't. But this cut very deep I will think about Alex for a long time ...

10/8/07, 11:47 AM   #3
racinstacie

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 64

Must give credit where credit is due - Thanks to Chris Pederson for sharing those pictures of Alex in the Tecate car at the PRA Big Car race at ORP on Sept 14th. I love the thumbs up one! That's exactly who Alex was and his amazing personality!

Here they are:

'Til the wheels fall off Alex!

Stacie

10/8/07, 11:50 AM   #4
racinstacie

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 64

I'd like to see that facebook page. I got in and did a search but didn't know what I was doing. Does anyone know how to access or search this or the website address?

10/8/07, 6:37 PM   #5
LocalYokel

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5067365955&ref=mf

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Message from Pruett Family