IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where's Tony Stewart Racing????
9/1/09, 3:50 PM   #41
Re: Where's Tony Stewart Racing????
IBRACN

If I remember right, there was a magazine article about TSR and he stated that all of his programs are self supporting and if it ever come to the point that he had to put his own money into the programs, he would drop the programs. This article was about 2 years ago in Sprint car and Midget.

9/1/09, 7:15 PM   #42
TRUCKER D

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRACN View Post
If I remember right, there was a magazine article about TSR and he stated that all of his programs are self supporting and if it ever come to the point that he had to put his own money into the programs, he would drop the programs. This article was about 2 years ago in Sprint car and Midget.
i wishhe would put some of his own money in it levi and tracy are grat drivers. i would like to see a three car team next year with levi tracy and tony himself behind the wheel!!!! lol

9/1/09, 7:52 PM   #43
RBurns17

From what I've heard unless Chevy decides to bring back support they're only going to field one car next season and Tracy already has something else lined up. Plus the midget team will be gone completely. Tony is a businessman and since the free engines are coming to a halt, it's making him rethink his operation.

But this is just here say. I can't guarantee any of this is factual. But I do trust that if it was happening, the person who told me would know.

9/1/09, 9:33 PM   #44
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Healthy competition is always a good thing.

Jerry
Not sure I totally agree with that Jerry.......and I give you the SCRA vs. USAC/CRA, IRL vs. CART, Saturday night sprint car racing in Indiana (good for some tracks and fans......threatens the survival of others), and might be able to cite others for consideration were I to try harder. Of course, I could be wrong. I was once......back in '61 as I recall.

We shall see what we shall see. I just hope it all shakes out for the best for the sport and for everyone involved.

9/1/09, 9:42 PM   #45
Speedwrench

Out of curiosity, who does the Silver Crown and all the various sprint car engines? Is that part of the Chevy deal to some extent too?

9/2/09, 12:36 AM   #46
racephoto1

All I know is if Emmett comes to the Hoosier state, he has a man that is very capable of running the deal here in the midwest. Next year may be very interesting indeed.

9/2/09, 5:34 AM   #47
bigmojo5

How about the USAC vs. WoO competition of the early 1980s

9/2/09, 6:20 AM   #48
hoosierhillbilly

Maybe the sprint bandits could work with the MSCS. It seems like a natural inroads into Indiana since MSCS runs some races in Illinois. A new formula and soem co-sanctioned races would/could be interesting with the MScS.

9/2/09, 6:44 PM   #49
RBurns17

I think the one thing that people forget is that USAC is a not for profit that gives huge surpluses of cash to charity every year. I'm sure if another sanctioning body tried to come into the hoosier state and muscle USAC out of power, they would use those extra resources to improve the experience and keep their position. But I do think if it was done right, the two would co-exist no problem. I don't know anyone who has a problem with more racing.

9/2/09, 7:47 PM   #50
nowings

Kistler & Shaver are listed on his open wheel web site . I believe Don Ott used to do the Owtlaw engines, when Danny drove the car.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where's Tony Stewart Racing????